Bakuchiol, an anti-inflammatory and natural alternative to retinol, is all the rage in the skin care world, due to its amazing abilities to reduce the appearance of fine lines and give that youthful glow to your face. Today, we’ll zoom in on all the bakuchiol benefits for your skin, uses and the best products to add this magical ingredient to your skin care routine.
If you have read anything about skin care on the Internet, then you certainly know what a great ingredient retinol is. It has the ability to stimulate collagen and give your skin the great appearance you have always desired. But there is a downturn to using retinol and it kind of ruins the beauty of using this product – it causes skin irritation.
However, there is a solution, and you can have all the skin nourishment you want without the side effects of retinol thanks to bakuchiol products for skin. And if you have not heard about it before, just keep reading and you will soon get the hang of it.
Bakuchiol Products for Skin & Benefits: Contents
• 11 Bakuchiol Products for Skin Care to Try
• What Is Bakuchiol?
• What Makes Bakuchiol Better Than Retinol?
• What Are the Bakuchiol Benefits for Your Skin?
• What Skin Types and Issues Is Bakuchiol Good for?
• How to Use Bakuchiol for Perfect Skin
Ready to go natural and explore all the amazing benefits of bakuchiol? Here you have 11 products containing this plant-derived ingredient for you to try!
1. OleHenriksen Goodnight Glow Retin-ALT Sleeping Crème
This is one fantastic bakuchiol serum that removes wrinkles from your face and gives it that smooth hue you long for. It puts your skin into repair mode immediately after use, thanks to the bakuchiol used as its main ingredient. The name Goodnight Glow tells of its night-friendly application.
And when you wake up from such a good night, gone are most (or all) of your bad skin cells, leaving you with the glow of a new appearance. In the morning, you can use it to start your day with skin that sparks full of life. Pick it up online at Sephora!
2. Boscia Matcha Magic Super-Antioxidant Mask
Acne has never been a friend of the face. Well, you don’t have to put up with it any more, as this super-antioxidant bakuchiol mask is formulated to clear all forms of acne in a short time. It comes with bakuchiol, jojoba seed, willow bark extract, and other exceptional ingredients to make sure your face looks both smooth and hydrated. You can find it for sale online at Dermstore.
3. Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum
Biossance is widely known for making products that employ biotechnology to guarantee utmost safely and high effectiveness. Here is another product from the brand, with all the right features for your skin. Combined with the benefits of squalane, the bakuchiol soaring afloat this serum’s list of ingredients ensures firm skin, even skin tone, and it also erases fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of aging. Get it from Sephora to test it now!
4. Omorovicza Miracle Facial Oil
If you love the effect of retinol on the skin but hate its side effects, this is the right bakuchiol product for you. With its nourishing oil and bakuchiol, your skin will lose all its wrinkles and receive the right to firmness instantly. The combination of borage seed oil, winged kelp extract, rosehip oil, and sea buckthorn berry oil also contributes to the anti-aging and nourishing effect you will get from this facial oil. Get one today at Neiman Marcus, and you won’t regret it.
5. StriVectin STAR.light Retinol Night Oil
Here is another powerful night-time treatment that your skin will thank you for. This skin oil combines active ingredients, such as biomimetic retinol and squalane, to give you the transformation your skin readily requires. Be it chapped skin, facial wrinkles, or uneven skin tone, you can have it corrected by using this bakuchiol product before you hit the bed. Moreover, the least you can achieve from using this night oil is non-greasy and smooth skin. It’s available online at Nordstrom.
6. REN Clean Skincare Bio Retinoid Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate Oil
This anti-wrinkle oil has the formula to help you combat fine lines forming on your skin. It comes with a synthesized blend of natural vitamin A, retinoid analog, and provitamin A to erase any sign of aging on your face. You also get a boost of collagen and vitamin E all to give your skin the nourishment you deserve. Get it online at Dermstore!
7. Lancer Advanced Retinol Treatment
With 1.25% retinol and bakuchiol, your skin will have no reason to look dehydrated as you use this powerful serum. The active ingredients in this advanced treatment infuse the skin with enzymes that stimulate collagen and also improve the general appearance of your skin. It’s one of the best bakuchiol products, and you can find it online at Sephora.
8. Glowbiotics MD Retinol Anti-Aging + Brightening Treatment
This bakuchiol-infused product is a brightening serum that causes your skin to forget its age and become radiant. Uneven pigmentation, wrinkles, breakouts and all other signs of aging are alleviated, leaving you with clear and stress-free skin. It comes enriched with probiotics and peptides for zero irritation and maximum effectiveness. Pick it up online at Dermstore!
9. Demarche Labs FullFill
Getting skin that is soft, smooth and hydrated is quite terrific, especially when it’s completely free of wrinkles, breakouts, and acne. If this is what you desire, then you can get it within a short timeframe using this bakuchiol topical treatment. It can help you remove wrinkles and dryness in just one week! It also allows hyaluronic acid to penetrate your skin faster and removes stubborn smile lines or crow’s feet. Head over to Dermstore to get your hands on this face serum!
10. Trufora Night Serum 85
Trufora is one of those brands with a mission to deliver working products without the irritation retinol causes (or any other adverse effect for that matter). This brand combined vital ingredients that are all responsible for providing you with excellent and improved skin without causing any damage. In addition, this bakuchiol product is suitable for all skin types and is non-comedogenic. Get it online at Dermstore!
11. Naturopathica Argan & Retinol Wrinkle Repair Night Cream
Specially crafted with argan plant stem cells and encapsulated retinol, this is one bakuchiol night cream you would never regret using. It softens the skin and greatly improves the overall appearance. Just apply it at night and wake up with skin that looks young and hydrated. You can grab a jar online at Dermstore.
Bakuchiol is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory natural skin care ingredient derived from bakuchiol seeds that targets wrinkles and aging skin (pronounced “buh-KOO-chee-all”). Bakuchiol is no doubt one of the best discoveries in the world of skin care. And even though its prominence is still young, this meroterpene (a type of chemical compound) is already cementing a firm reputation amongst amateurs and experts alike.
This chemical compound is obtained from the babchi plant (Psoralea corylifolia), which is predominant in Eastern Asia. It is medicinal and provides the skin with every nutrient retinol provides. Chinese and Indian medical experts have used bakuchiol for years to alleviate several skin conditions and also to treat wounds.
However, the delightful property of bakuchiol is that it has no side effect as compared to retinol. More so, pregnant women can use products with bakuchiol due to the absence of retinoids. Bakuchiol is excellent news for those with sensitive skin who want a smooth and youthful appearance.
The result of using bakuchiol is a significant improvement in skin elasticity, firmness, pigmentation, and hydration. All these can occur without dryness or skin flakiness. The compound was also found to have a significant effect on collagen and elastin, two of the skin’s most precious proteins. It has proven to suppress melanin and increase skin firmness by regulating types I, II and IV collagen all to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
There is so much beauty surrounding the bakuchiol story, and once you see the effect on your skin, it will never cross your mind to stop using it… ever!
Retinol is a great skin care component and it has dominated the industry for several years as the best ingredient you can use to obtain smooth skin and stay forever young. But, retinol takes the body through a nasty period before finally getting the skin to become soft and wrinkle-free. For some people, however, the good days might not come, and the redness and irritation might continue indefinitely.
Now, this is an excellent time to bring in the good news: you can relish all the advantages mentioned here without going through the nasty phase retinol brings with it. With the use of bakuchiol, there is no redness, itching or irritation, and the differences between the two are worth considering.
For better clarity, the differences between bakuchiol and retinol have been highlighted below.
• Retinol is another name for vitamin A. It can show up in a range of cosmetic products in combination with other ingredients such as retinyl palmitate, retinoic acid, and tretinoin. All these together are called retinoids.
• Bakuchiol, on the other hand, is a chemical compound called terpenophenol, which is obtained from plants such as cannabis. It is typically acquired from a tree called babchi, which is an essential plant in India.
• Both retinol and bakuchiol work to perfect the skin so that it looks younger. However, retinol works by increasing collagen production for quick cell turnover. This means it promotes the removal of dead cells for replacement by new ones. This would cause a somewhat nasty appearance for a couple of days.
• Bakuchiol also has an effect on the collagen, but it works by boosting mitochondrial activities in the cell and as an antioxidant to protect lipids and proteins. During and after this beautification process, there are no adverse effects.
• You can achieve excellent results with bakuchiol regardless of your skin type, thanks to its exceptional properties. Meanwhile, retinol cannot be used by pregnant women and those with sensitive skin due to the adverse effect it can have on them.
Bakuchiol reeks of so many benefits that it is quite impossible not to fall in love with this fantastic compound. All the benefits included here have been rigorously tested, and articles on several research websites will confirm this fact.
• Bakuchiol improves the firmness and elasticity of your skin, leaving you with a younger-looking appearance.
• It eliminates fine lines and wrinkles with its stimulation of anti-aging genes and protein.
• With the use of bakuchiol, you get a boost of collagen and elastin. This, in turn, gives you more elastic and firmer skin.
• It can also act as anti-oxidant for skin protection from radical damage even when you are exposed to direct sunlight.
• Acne and other inflammatory or bacterial breakouts are significantly reduced when you use it.
• The natural purple color is quite pleasing when compared to the dark color of other facial ingredients.
• Pregnant women and those with sensitive skin can use bakuchiol. And if you are allergic to retinol, this is the best natural alternative.
• It doesn’t come with all the downsides that retinol brings such as flakiness, itching, redness, or breakouts.
Many active ingredients that are added to beauty products usually come with a specific use for specific skin types. You might have to read instruction manuals and look for how not to use the product so that you can get the best result.
However, that is not the case with bakuchiol. This wonderful ingredient has what it takes to tackle the skin conditions that any skin type might have. With its ability to increase cell turnover thereby bringing collagen to the surface, this is a must-have for everyone with aging skin, hyperpigmentation or acne.
So whether your skin is oily, sensitive, normal, or classified as combination skin, just get you one of the best bakuchiol products listed above, and you are good to go.
As the new and hot discovery in the skin care industry, bakuchiol is trending on every beauty website. In fact, you can find products that contain this compound at basically every beauty store.
You can give it a try for all its benefits and use it as you would retinol. The only difference would be the great result you get from bakuchiol without any side effect. Below are some tips on how to use bakuchiol to get the perfect skin you have always wanted.
• Use bakuchiol some minutes before you go to bed so that it can work on your face overnight.
• You can use it twice a day to get even better results.
• Whenever you’re purchasing a bakuchiol-infused product, always check if other ingredients are suitable for the purpose you want it for.
• For a self-blended bakuchiol face mask, you can mix equal parts of water and the grounded bakuchi seed. For a better result, you can choose to use honey or yogurt to substitute water.
• Bakuchiol can be applied as a face mask every day, i.e. there is no specific duration for any skin type. Just use it until you get the desired result, which will be a short while anyway.
In conclusion, your skin deserves all the care you can give it. And that means you should care about what you apply to your skin. One product that you need not worry about though is bakuchiol: the splendid natural compound that eliminates all the wrinkles, acne, or fine lines that your face may have.
Photos via @kirstenanderton, @samanthabroderick, @iblondee, @alydoom