If you are familiar with dry shampoo, then, you might wonder: what are dry conditioners? The question crosses our minds too; our audience needs to know what this hair product is. Which are the best dry conditioners, if you want to choose? How should you use it?
In simple terms, they add shine to the end of the hair strand. Of course, it should be more than that. Dry conditioners do more than giving radiance to your hair. And you know it will take some digging to understand all the information about it.
Guide to the Best Dry Conditioners: Contents
- 9 Best Dry Conditioners to Get Glossy Hair
- What Is Dry Conditioner and How Is It Different from Dry Shampoo?
- Who Should Use Dry Conditioner?
- What Are the Dry Conditioner Benefits for Your Hair?
- How to Use Dry Conditioner on Your Hair
We have done the real digging. You, do the reading. Let’s start with 9 best dry conditioners; every other question on your mind will be answered. You can come back later to choose from the products we listed after you have understood all the information.
1. Drybar Detox Dry Conditioner
When you want a superb hair appearance, what you are looking for is Drybar Detox. Tis dry conditioner extends the life of a blowout. You do not want the hair to be wet. It works perfectly to detangle and keep smooth the hair across its length. The formulated product also immensely hydrates the hair for a fresh look. Mango butter, one of its ingredients, aids penetration into the hair shaft. This is one of the best dry conditioners to try and it’s available at Sephora.
2. Amika Silken Up Dry Conditioner
For those with wavy or curly tresses, think about fresh, mermaid-like hair braids. With Amika’s dry conditioner, you will maximize your hair’s potential look. It is an antioxidant that helps the hair feel soft and moistened. The formulation, as expected, is a dry one and would bring back wetness and a radiant shine to the hair that has lost it. Get this dry conditioner from Sephora, or Amazon!
3. Aveda Shampure Thermal Dry Conditioner
Instantly, like magic, this dry conditioner begins its transformation work. Apply between washes and let it do it well. You will feel a calming aroma made of pure flower and plant essences. Naturally, it brings the freshness to your hair length, while your hair texture is kept smooth. All thanks to a blend of organic ingredients! Pick up this dry conditioner from Amazon!
4. Oribe Soft Dry Conditioner Spray
With a weightless spray like this dry conditioner, there is so much for your hair to benefit. It brings an incredible smoothness like you might have never experienced. The hair would feel cashmere-soft and free from tangles. If you think of hydration, that is what you get. Your hair will be smooth and yes, smooth with a natural shine. This dry conditioner can be purchased from Amazon.
5. Sephora Collection Dry Conditioner
The most important thing about this dry conditioner is the presence of coconut formulated in its ingredients. It does not only keep the hair smooth, but also repairs and strengthens the hair. The hair becomes more resistant, healthier, and if that is not enough to dip your hand into your purse, it extends the blowout too. This Sephora-exclusive product is available for purchase online at Sephora.
6. PSSSST Instant Dry Conditioner Spray
For those who truly know what to expect from a dry conditioner, this is the product that gives you everything you want. For those times you are in a hurry and want something magical to work on your hair, you should buy one. It keeps your hair soft, and well, you will appreciate the feel of the little greasiness of your hand. Get this bottle from Ulta Beauty!
7. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner With Argan Oil
This dry conditioner is the real hair care product. With argan oil, the product helps in reviving the life of the hair blowout. And of course, you can use it to handle frizz in hair. This product helps to heal split ends, too. Its nutrient-concentrated formula helps to detangle, freshen and make the hair shine radiantly. This dry conditioner is available for purchase through Dermstore, and Amazon.
8. CHI Dry Conditioner
When you want the hair’s final look to glaze, this dry conditioner from Amazon allows you to give your hair such a powerful touch. It smells great. More unique than the rest, this product will give users the shiny hair they ever want. If you want to style your hair afterwards, the hair would have gone sore from this rich formula. The hair becomes easier to work. And the moisture it adds is so lightweight that one will not notice.
9. Liquid Keratin Keratin-Infused Shine & Moisture Renewing Dry Conditioner
In the attempt to add freshness, typical dry conditioners will weigh the hair down. But this product from Amazon proves otherwise. It brings moisture to the hair and brings you the life you have wished – shiny hair like the goddess. Your follicles are kept nourished, and excess oil will be removed.
Dry conditioner is a hydrating formula that works on the hair ends to add oils and nutrients, adding shine, calming frizz, detangling and taming the hair. Its main work is to brighten the ends of the hair and nourish the hair after using dry shampoo. It is an after-dry-shampoo product that gives life to your hair.
In content, dry conditioners are made up of small conditioning molecules, and weightless aerosol that hydrates the hair. Or it could be – depending on the manufacturer – a mixture of hair nutrients added to nourishing hair oils and a powdery base. You can use it faster on the go because this product is a dry formulation.
Dry conditioner works on the hair from middle to end (and that is the point of its application). At this region, it gets to the hair and starts hydrating, turning it brighter than before, and removing the feel of fluffiness.
For a better result, try to use dry conditioner after applying dry shampoo. Although dry shampoo can be enough for some ladies, you could get more with dry conditioners. If you are new to this hair care product – or you are used to it but it has not been working – try using dry conditioner in combination with dry shampoo. The result will improve, since they are made for each other.
After using dry shampoo, excess oil that lies on the scalp will be dried. Using dry conditioner will now restore moisture. It will work well and bring brightness to newly heat-styled hair. It will also work for curly, kinky, and some other hair textures, but the best time is when you use heat to style.
Dry conditioner works for almost everyone. It works for every girl who knows how to use it well and wants the tips of the hair to always look fresh. If your hair dries fast at the tips, then, you have been missing out on the benefits you can get from dry conditioners.
However, it will not work for coarse hair (not entirely if you want to try it, but we recommend hair serums or hair oils), hair that is extremely dry or curly hair. Dry conditioner does not have a high hydrating formula that can help. Try serum or oil.
We mentioned earlier the type of ladies that will enjoy the benefits of dry conditioners:
• Those with straight, kinky hair;
• Those who heat-styled their hair;
• Those whose hair ends dry faster;
• Those who just want something fast to blow-dry their hair;
• Those with fine hair that cannot use weighty conditioners;
• And those who want to go two or three days before washing their hair.
Generally, it works for those who want shiny and bright hair. It should be more than just that – shiny and bright. And it is. These are all the benefits of dry shampoos to know!
Quickens the Time of Conditioning
You do wake up late at times and then you want to condition before jetting off to work. If you leave without it, your hair will call everyone to have a mocking feast around you.
With dry conditioner, your hair will be conditioned only with a few sprays.
However, just like in the case of using dry shampoos when you don’t want to give up washing your hair regularly, you shouldn’t give up using your regular conditioner when washing your hair. Dry conditioner is for reviving dirty hair, giving it a nice smell along the way.
Dry Conditioner Complements Dry Shampoos
Although you can use one without the other, your hair will appreciate their combination. If you use one between dry shampoo and dry conditioner, one will do its job well. Dry shampoo, for instance, will reduce the hair oil on the scalp. However, dry conditioner will restore some light moisture to keep the hair fresh. Using the two – dry shampoo before dry conditioner – is possible and recommended.
Dry Conditioner Works for Almost All Hair Types
We have said it, either you have medium or long, straight or kinky hair, it will help make the hair shine. Only those who have very coarse hair are exempted. This is because the ingredients in dry conditioner are light and not enough for coarse hair.
Dry Conditioner Extends Blowout (Those Without Polymers)
If you choose dry conditioners that do not have polymer, they help to extend a blowout. You get more curls and you can work faster, easier and longer on creating the curls. Dry conditioner would have softened the hair.
You first read a good guide like this one. We will tell you to determine what you want for yourself. If you have just finished using dry shampoo, then, we welcome you with both arms. Dry conditioner will bring more moisture to your hair and remove dullness.
This is how to apply dry conditioner:
• Remember your hair type. If your hair is coarse or curly, please go for oils or serums. You need more moisture to relax your hair type. But if you just finished using heat in styling this hair type, then you can try dry conditioner immediately.
• Other hair types such as fine, medium length, kinky, will enjoy the benefit of dry conditioner.
• Shop for quality, and choose popular brands.
• Read the instructions on the product. If the ingredients include aerosol and oils, then, it is just the right one for you.
• If allowed, try dry conditioner on a small part of your hair to see the hair’s reaction.
• When it’s time to use dry conditioner at home, ensure the conditioner’s bottle is about six inches away from your hair.
• Start applying the product to the mid-length of your hair down to the tip.
• Spray again, from middle downwards, on the same section before more to another side.
• Brush the hair from the middle down to the end.
Extra Dry Conditioner Tips
• While spraying dry conditioner, avoid the hair roots and the middle of the head. Hair will clump or tangle.
• Do not touch your hair regularly after application. You might ruin the texture or disturb the moisture.
• Heat-style your hair if you can after application.
• After application, brushing should be gentle, not too tough. You are only distributing the moisture evenly within the hair strands.
• Dry conditioner will work fine for frizzy hair or if you are planning a blowout later.
Photos via @realericvaughn, @lindsaymarcella