This post may contain affiliate links.
Frizzy hair is that annoying mass of tangled hair that sits on your head all day and seems to defy all your styling. Well, we are all about solving your hair problems for you, offering you the best anti-frizz hair products and advice on how to get rid of frizzy hair. Moreover, you’ll get some effective tips for preventing frizzy hair, as well as common dos and don’ts of styling for the days you can’t control that frizz.
Frizzy Hair Guide: Contents
- 23 Best Frizzy Hair Products to Try
- What Causes Frizzy Hair?
- How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair?
- How to Prevent Frizzy Hair
- Frizzy Hair Dos & Don’ts
Here are 23 excellent anti-frizz hair product that will help you keep frizziness away and give you that dream look you always wanted.
1. Living Proof No-Frizz Instant De-Frizzer
When it comes to an anti-frizz product that works well for your hair to leave your strands healthy, you can trust Living Proof. This frizzy hair product comes with ingredients like healthy hair molecule OFPMA to help you seal your cuticles and create a smooth texture. It is suitable for any hair type and works as a dry conditioning spray to add softness, shine, and smoothness. Pick up a bottle at Sephora!
2. Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray
Frizziness can look very annoying for your hair, and that is why you need this anti-frizz formula. Infused with lavender and biolage R.A.W frizz control, you can get that natural sheen all in one product. Its ingredients are entirely natural, and you don’t need to worry about parabens or sulfates. Just get yours at Ulta Beauty and be ready for that perfect finish that can only come from this anti-frizz spray.
3. Reverie Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment
This bottle of nourishing formula was made to work for any hairstyle. It contains a blend of 16 essential oils and milk to tame frizz and give off a beautiful herbal scent. There are no harmful ingredients in the whole mix, and you will get the right amount of moisture you need. This is the best anti-frizz hair product you can get at Sephora.
4. Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo
There are many benefits attached to using this anti-frizz shampoo from Aveda. The product contains organic aloe vera, maize and guar bear to create a smooth hair experience for you. All the ingredients are good for the health of your hair and help avoid frizziness. The product holds one of the eight ground-breaking certifications to make sure that you get only the best. Get yours at Nordstrom!
5. Unwash Anti Frizz Spray Serum
With jojoba oil, acetate, algae extract and other natural formulas, this is one anti-frizz hair serum you want to have in your hair care collection. Unwash took extra care to make sure that you can get your hair moisturized and tame frizz with this bottle. It contains a weightless formula that adds shine without any adverse effect. Get yours at Ulta Beauty for smooth locks!
6. Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil
Here is one potent combination that contains nourishing oil to work wonders for your hair. You can get frizz-free and healthy hair with just one bottle. The cruelty-free nourishing anti-frizz oil is brilliantly made to block humidity and condition your hair. The result you get is well-nourished strands, and it works for all hair types. You can find this excellent frizzy hair product at Sephora.
7. Philip B Anti-Frizz Formula 57
You can stop flyaways and get well-scented, moisturized and smooth hair with Phillip’s magical anti-frizz formula. This frizzy hair product was made to add strength to your strands, from the roots to the tips. It gives you that all-natural look, and you don’t need to worry about parabens or sulfates, since it’s safe. Pick up a bottle at Net-a-Porter!
8. Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Smoothing Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist
For coiled, wavy, straight and any other hair type, this is one anti-frizz mist that is suitable for you. It comes with anti-aging caviar extract and replenishment of omega oil, to keep your hair from any damage. The anti-frizz formula is excellent for your mane, and you can have silky hair with smooth texture. This is one of the best frizzy hair products you can get at Sephora.
9. Drybar ‘Sparkling Soda’ Shine Mist
This is a superfine anti-frizz mist that calms frizz and static without weighing your hair down. Infused with fragrance notes like amber, coconut, and vanilla, you can count on your hair smelling nice. It also works for color and keratin treated hair, giving it a lustrous shine and keeping the colors alive. Get yourself a bottle at Nordstrom!
10. R+Co Foil Frizz + Static Control Spray
With enriching vitamin E and argan oil, this anti-frizz spray gives you a formula that keeps your hair in great shape. It contains a thermal polymer to help you protect your hair from heat and keeps frizz at bay. You can use it for color-treated hair, without worry. It is vegan and cruelty-free to keep your hair safe. You can find this anti-frizz hair product online at Net-a-Porter.
11. Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel
If you want instantly moisturized, lightweight hair with no frizz, then you should try out this frizz control gel. It contains natural ingredients like rice amino acids, tomato fruit ferment, quinoa extract amongst many others. This anti-frizz hair product works to lock-out frizz by reducing the effect of environmental moisture and infuses your hair strands with strength. With this anti-frizz gel, your hair becomes elastic and bouncy with no sticky residue. Find it online at Sephora!
12. Sexy Hair Smooth & Seal Anti-Frizz & Shine
You can tame your frizz using an anti-frizz hair spray that comes with a unique formula. And this formula from Sexy Hair has just that. It is infused with ingredients that help to lock out humidity and protect your hair from UV rays, also increasing shine. It is safe for all hair types, so pick up a bottle at Ulta Beauty!
13. DevaCurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam Lightweight Body Booster
Alcohol is not good for your hair, as it can lead to dry strands which will eventually cause hair damage. And this is why we recommend this anti-frizz hair product that is infused with a blend of lemongrass and sunflower to redefine your curls. It provides deep nourishing action and leaves your hair with more volume, shine, and beautiful texture. Get your anti-frizz bottle at Sephora!
14. John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum
John Freida is famous when it comes to making hair care products that will revolutionize your strands. Their anti-frizz hair serum gives your hair extra-strength and will seal off humidity for all hair types. The primary ingredients are silk proteins and seaweed extract, which add vitality to your strands and give an aura of shine to your once frizzy hair. It can be found online at Ulta Beauty.
15. Kérastase Discipline Anti Frizz Smoothing Spray
One fantastic thing about this anti-frizz formula is that you can use it for absolutely any hair type. With morpho-keratin technology, this smoothing spray gives your hair 72 hours of protection from frizz. It also restores humidity and makes your hair flexible for better strength. You can stay safe when you get this frizzy hair product, since there are no parabens or sulfates in the ingredients used. Pick up a bottle at Sephora!
16. Redken Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Cream
We can’t go on and on about fantastic frizzy hair products without mentioning Redken’s anti-frizz cream. This is one cream that will help you smooth your hair and give it that sleek look. It is also great for mild control and protection. For more benefits than you can wish for, get yours at Ulta Beauty!
17. Marajó Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum
If you still haven’t found a frizzy hair product that is perfect for your hair, then it might be that you aren’t using the right one. However, with this anti-frizz serum you certainly can’t get it wrong. The serum uses ingredients like shea butter to soften your hair and combat frizz. And it is designed to work for both wet and dry hair. Find it online at Sephora!
18. Ouai Anti-Frizz Smoothing Sheets
Ouai is one brand that is always at the top when it comes to excellent hair care products. That is why we went to pick this anti-frizz formula from their top shelf. The product is formulated with fragrance, coconut oil, and shea oil to give your hair frizz-defying ability. You can also use it to eliminate static and tame unruly mane. Get it at Revolve!
19. IGK Swipe Up No-Frizz Smoothing Wipes
Here is a set of portable hair wipes that reduce static and give your hair a weightless finish. Ingredients like avocado and canella oil were used to make sure humidity is locked out without disturbing your style. Just one wipe leaves your hair with instant shine and tamed mane. Get this frizzy hair product at Sephora!
20. Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Frizz Control Sculpting Gel
Get your curls talking with this anti-frizz hair gel. You can keep your locks in place with a firm but flexible hold. The gel has a blend of rice, amino acids, keratin, and hydrating enzymes to help condition and protect your hair. This is one formula that enhances curl retention and enables you to achieve a long-lasting frizz-free style. Grab a bottle at Ulta Beauty!
21. Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Conditioner
Now you can get your frizz under control right from the showers. With an advanced blend of shea butter, murumuru butter, and ceramides, this anti-frizz conditioner helps reduce environmental damage and repairs your hair cuticles. It has a unique anti-frizz technology to lock in moisture and lower humidity to keep your hair looking shiny, smooth and controlled. Get it at Sephora!
22. SheaMoisture Superfruit Multi-Vitamin Frizz-Taming Smoothie
Taming frizz just got more comfortable with this awesome frizz-taming smoothie. The product was made with natural extracts like shea butter, guava extracts, marula oil, raspberry among many others to create a mixture that nourishes your hair. You don’t only get to be frizz-free, you also enjoy strong and elastic hair strands that are thicker. You can get one at Ulta Beauty if you hope to restore vibrancy and shine to your locks.
23. O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum
This is the last one for our anti-frizz products, but there is undoubtedly no hierarchy here. This anti-frizz serum is excellent for your hair in more ways than one. It gives your hair a shiny look with lightweight and great texture. You also get to have your frizz tamed and fight humidity. You can get one at Sephora.
All of us have had that experience where we wake up to see our hair strewn up all over our head. Well, you could blame it on the sheets, the weather condition or your cat, all which could be right. But frizzy hair happens to almost everyone, and several factors could be responsible for the ‘bird’s nest on your hair’.
Naturally, your hair has oils that keep it sleek, curled up and shiny. However, you could strip your hair of oils by using too much shampoo, exposing your hair to drying chemicals like alcohol or staying in that hot relaxing shower for too long.
All these reasons lead to dehydration and that is the main cause of frizziness. Extreme humid weather conditions could also lead to your hair swelling due to excess moisture.
Just to make sure you are up to speed, frizzy hair looks tangled, dry, damaged, rough and wouldn’t respond to all your styling effort. And you don’t exactly want this kind of conditions for your hair.
If you already have tangled mane and you wish to get rid of it, we have a lot of tips for you. These tips have been tested and work well for those who have tried them. You can look through them all and find the one that is pretty convenient for you.
Using Anti-Frizz Products
In the first section in this article, we listed some fantastic frizzy hair products that will work wonders for your hair. These anti-frizz products save you the stress, time and money that you spend when you go to the salon to have your hair treated.
You can get a bottle and unleash it on your stubborn frizz in the comfort of your own home. Read the instructions on any bottle you choose to achieve great results for your hair.
Using Other Professional Products to Defrizz Hair
Apart from products directly specified for treating frizz, other hair care products work for this same purpose. They include special shampoos, conditioners, hair oils and more that we discuss below.
• Get a Glycerin-Packed Shampoo, With No Sulfates
Shampoos that have glycerin in high concentration are very good for your hair. They help absorb extra moisture and create a protective covering for your hair. You would enjoy the frizz-fighting benefits, since such shampoos penetrate the hair and hydrate it. Be careful to watch out for sulfates, as they can have a long-term damaging effect, and you certainly don’t want that.
• Buy a Mild Conditioner
After using shampoo, try to apply a mild conditioner. This is because your hair cuticles might have lost some hydration after washing your hair. Conditioners restore this moisture and lock it in. The result will be a smooth mane that is healthy and well-nourished. Try products that contain glycerin and shea butter for better results. Another tip is to use conditioners twice a week, without first shampooing it.
• Apply Nourishing Hair Oil to Dry Ends
After blow-drying, if your hair is still ‘frizzed-up,’ then add nourishing hair oil to the dry ends. These wonderful products help to smoothen your hair while adding gloss and shine. You get to rejuvenate your hair vibrancy and tame frizz. To apply it, add 1-3 drops on your palm and rub it over the ends of the hair.
• Use Some Shine Spray
Get a shine spray and apply it to your hair lightly to remove frizz. Then you can use a toothbrush or small comb to get those little strands that keep sticking out, to stay down.
• Regularly Use Coconut Oil
Although some of the hair care products we put in this section contain coconut oil, it never gets too much. Get a bottle of pure organic coconut oil for hair and make it your beauty routine. Rub it down the length of your hair and leave it in for a few hours or overnight. The result is smooth and healthier hair. You can also use it to fight frizz instantly – take a pea size and rub it into your strands.
• Try Using a Hair Mask Once a Week
Do a special treatment that involves deep moisturizing once a week. You can get products that are very rich in glycerin or coconut oil. The protein in such hair masks will help you fight frizz and make your hair less prone to any damage.
• For Frizzy Ponytail, Try Hand or Body Lotion
Homemade Remedies to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
There are also fantastic homemade remedies for getting rid of frizzy hair. This won’t cost you so much, and they are great because you can make them by yourself with ingredients you have or can buy at the drugstore near you.
Beer Defrizzing Treatment
As unlikely as it sounds. This is a great moisturizing formula to cure frizziness. It adds proteins and vitamin B to your strands, making your hair healthy.
• Pour a pint of beer into a bowl and let it go flat by leaving it overnight. Then use a shampoo (no sulfate, glycerin-infused) to wash your hair.
• Use the beer to massage your scalp and then rinse out with cold water.
• Repeat the process once in two weeks.
Honey and Yogurt Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair
Honey works as an excellent conditioner to lighten your hair and create subtle highlights, while yogurt helps retain moisture. Combined, these two will make your hair smoother and much shinier.
• Get a bowl to mix one tablespoon of honey with three tablespoons of yogurt.
• After mixing them. Apply it on your hair and scalp, and leave it in for 30 minutes.
• Rinse off with cold water.
• Repeat the process once a week.
Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Defrizzing Mask
With a mixture of these two ingredients, your hair gets to enjoy deep conditioning. They are good at fighting off radicals and preventing damage.
• Get an airtight container, for proper storage, and mix four-part organic cold-pressed coconut oil with one-part vitamin E oil into it.
• Use 2-3 tablespoons for your hair depending on the length.
• Rub it all over your scalp and the entire length of your hair.
• After 40 minutes wash it out.
• Use it once or twice a week for great results.
Eggs and Olive Oil for Frizzy Hair
Eggs are rich in amino acids, which will help you revitalize your hair follicles and smooth frizzy hair. They also protect your hair from damage and remove any unwanted oils from your scalp.
• Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with one raw egg.
• Leave for about 30 minutes, so that the ingredients can dissolve.
• Apply the mixture to your hair and cover your hair for 20 minutes. Waiting for a longer time could cause your hair strands to get brittle.
• Use a regular shampoo to rinse it out.
Massage Your Hair with Hot Oils
Different carrier oils have various benefits for your hair. But all of them will help you moisturize your strands deeply to get rid of frizzy hair. You can get any of the oils to try the hot oil treatment for an excellent result – extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, or almond oil.
• Warm the oil you choose for 2-4 minutes using a stove.
• Pour it into a bowl and wait for it to get to a tolerable condition, as you don’t want to burn your scalp with hot oil.
• Apply the warm oil into your scalp and gently massage it from root to tip.
• Use a plastic bag or towel to wrap your hair and leave it covered for an hour.
• Then shampoo and condition your hair to remove the oil.
• Do this twice a week for an excellent result.
Frizz isn’t good for your hair, and you want to avoid it as much as possible. Here are tips that can help you prevent frizzy hair:
• Use a silk pillowcase, instead of using a cotton-pillow case that makes your hair tacky and bunched up. It will help you reduce breakage or split ends.
• Wet your fingers and run it through dry hair, as dry hair might be harsh to comb. This will drive frizz far away by leaving your hair moist.
• Regularly add moisture back to your strands using moisturizing hair care products.
• Don’t brush wet hair. When your hair is wet, it can break easily if your run a hair brush through it. So, try to gently squeeze your hair dry or wait for it to dry before using a brush on damp hair.
• Avoid over-processing your hair. Make sure you check the frequency of use in the bottle of your shampoo or conditioner to avoid excess use.
• Get a round brush to smooth your hair. If you use a blow-dryer to dry your hair, you should use a round brush to flatten your cuticles. This will keep moisture in and avoid dryness.
So, you know how to get rid of frizzy hair using the best anti-frizz products, as well as how to prevent frizziness. Here you also have some dos and don’ts that will help achieve silky smooth hair without any static or frizziness!
Dos for Frizzy Hair
• After taking a shower, use a cotton T-shirt instead of your towel to dry your hair from the root to the tip. Then blow-dry your damp hair and use a round brush to smoothen your cuticles.
• Try overnight frizz-fighting products to kick out any tangled hair that you experience.
• A good haircut can help you get rid of split ends while also keeping frizziness at bay, and you can get one every two months.
• Use bobby pins and hair spray to bring down any hair that is sticking out.
• When working out, use a leave-in conditioner to stop your hair from being dehydrated by the sodium in your sweat.
• For outdoor emergencies, get some water and pat your frizzy hair down. It doesn’t last long, but at least it’s a quick fix.
Don’ts for Frizzy Hair
• If you are using a heat styling tool, try not to raise the temperature. Too much heat will lead to hair damage, dehydration and frizziness.
• Never blow-dry soaking wet hair, as the heat directed on your wet hair will cause too much dehydration leading to frizzy hair.
• Products with alcohol are completely unsafe for your hair. Also stay away from sulfates, parabens, and animal-tested product to prevent frizzy hair.
• Try to keep your hands away from your hair, as touching it too often breaks up the natural pattern, and this can lead to frizzy hair.
Photos via @natalieannehair, @shmeggsandbaconn, @glossjie, @simplytandya, @marisaramirezbeauty, @ella__katz, @cnyfacecandy