You have probably heard of one of Japan’s top beauty tools – Refa Carat, a face roller that will give you more youthful, radiant and beautiful skin. This is a multi-angular face roller with a big army of beautiful ladies already utilizing it, while others are curious about how and why they should use it on their face and overall body. Let’s take a deeper look at Refa Carat and the many body and face rollers the brand offers.
In this article:
- What Is the Refa Carat Tool?
- How Does the Refa Roller Work?
- Types of Refa Rollers and the Best Ones to Buy
- Benefits of Refa Rolling
- How to Use Refa Carat for Face & Body Rolling
- Cautions in Using the Refa Face Roller
- FAQs About Refa Rollers
What Is the Refa Carat Tool?
Refa Carat is a platinum multi-angular body and face roller designed to deeply knead your skin revealing its youthful, firm and beautiful look right at home. Beauty and firm skin that takes the tone of younger years – this is what everyone wants, and that is exactly what Refa has created.
Their Carat tool helps you get the same lymphatic drainage that is popular via a massage from an aesthetic professional. All you need to do is glide the platinum coated face roller across your facial or body muscles to carefully knead your skin and reveal all the youthful and firm beauty that lies beneath.
The Refa roller was created to meet customers’ need for a device that can give the same result of a massage parlour in the comfort of your home: the device needed to be very effective in creating overwhelming skin simulations for highly sensitive skin. This was the inspiration that birth the platinum roller device that makes use of micro-current drawn by a built-in solar panel to pamper your skin and relieve you of pent-up stress after a long day.
How Does the Refa Roller Work?
The Refa Carat tool is made with profound attention to details and great craftsmanship. It is created with a platinum coating and creates a squeezing motion that makes it pretty great for the skin. However, what is most impressive about the tool is the kneading sensation it provides for the skin, thanks to the spherical drainage rollers it possesses.
Gliding over the skin, the rollers have current-carrying bearings to massage your skin for a beautiful tone and firmness. This happens because the blood circulation improves along the axis you roll it through and rejuvenates the skin, giving it a good surface.
The body and face roller does not run out, as the currents are provided by a small solar panel constructed with the tool. With its curved shape and gracefully designed body, it is also made to fit the hand of the holder perfectly.
Another awesome feature of the face roller is that it is waterproof, similar to jade rollers. So, after a long day of working your facial muscles, you can have that massage in the shower during a long, relaxing bath. Just roll the 360° multi-angular roller along all the contours of your face – and yes, it fits even along your nose ridge – to replicate a massage tapping technique that will awaken your nerves and even your skin texture. You can also use the Refa Carat roller on your inner thigh, underarm, waist and more to get great results.
Types of Refa Rollers and the Best Ones to Buy
There are quite a number of Refa body and face rollers that you can choose from, and each of them has its own unique use. From face rollers to body tools, we have included the best Refa tools to help you achieve that perfect skin you have always wanted.
1. Refa Carat Face & Body Roller
Get the perfectly contoured and great skin tone when you use the Refa Carat Face & Body Roller. This awesome beauty roller comes with two multi-angular platinum rollers and a solar panel to generate micro-currents that provide the deeply soothing massage effect of a good aesthetician.
You can trust its professionally crafted waterproof design to fit just about anywhere along the face and the body. With the drainage function, get ready to give your skin that much-needed relief. You can get it from Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom or Dermstore.
2. Refa Carat Face Roller
This roller is specially created to fit the need of the face, neck, and décolletage. It comes equipped with two multi-angular rollers and double drainage: together, they specialize in giving the skin of the jawline, cheeks and the décolleté area the required tone and contour. You can comfortably hold it anywhere, since it is waterproof. Just use the micro-current coursing through the roller to gently knead your facial skin. Pick it up from Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom or Dermstore!
3. Refa S Carat Eye/ Lip Roller
If you want a tool for more specialized Refa rolling, then this product is just for you. It helps you tighten and tone the area around your eyes and lips. Combining the micro-current and the massaging action of the double rollers, you do not need to worry about getting eye bags or any slackened area around the eyes or lips. Get it for yourself from Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom or Dermstore!
4. Refa 4 Carat Face & Body Roller
With a Refa Carat tool that has two rollers, you get a great skin tone and contour for your face and body. Now imagine what four rollers can do. Yes, the results are simply amazing! This roller by Refa has four platinum, multi-angular rollers that give you a 360° coverage. You can tighten the skin on both your face and body when you use this tool to massage it.
It has all the fantastic features of Refa Carat infused into it and, what’s more, it replicates the double kneading action of an aesthetician’s fingers on your body. This face roller is what you need to drain you of all that stress that has been building up in your body and showing in your skin. It is also available online for purchase at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom or Dermstore.
5. Refa Roller For Body
Constructed for making the body firm and looking younger, the Refa body roller has four-platinum, diamond-cut quarto drainage rollers. Just move them around your body to have the beautiful relaxing action of a professional massage. Similar to others, there is also the presence of a solar panel that creates gentle waves of micro-current for effective action. To test it, pick it up from Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom or Dermstore!
Benefits of Refa Rolling
There can be no overstatement when the wonderful benefits of the Refa Carat tool are being mentioned. It has numerous benefits for both the body and the face. Here are some of the benefits that you get when you use it.
Better and Firmer Skin
Refa rollers have what it takes to match the vibration of the facial skin and tighten the skin through stimulating action. They improve the skin elasticity and the contour of facial nerves around the eyes, forehead and the neck. The micro-current also contributes to the action by using the light drawn in to give you younger-looking skin.
Removes Blood Toxins
Strain and tension tend to leave your face stressed, and this can cause toxin build-up around the lymphatic nerves in the face. However, that can be easily removed with the help of Refa face rollers: the platinum tools help to improve blood flow and drive toxin out of the body.
Great Massage in the Comfort of Your Home
Aestheticians are professionals when it comes to the skin. They can help you knead your skin and give it a tapping style massage to relax your nerves. However, Refa rollers were made with this type of feature in mind.
You can get the same benefit of going to the aesthetician’s office, spa, or salon right in the bathtub, bedroom or even on a trip. Just take the roller anywhere with you and use the waterproof beauty tool to improve the texture of your skin.
Another benefit of Refa rollers is that they are specially designed to roll on every part of the body including your jaw, along the ridge of the nose, underarm, chest and so on. With so many advantages, it is not far-fetched that these exquisite Japanese devices are some of the best skincare products you can lay your hands on.
How to Use Refa Carat for Face & Body Rolling
If you want to get the full effect of the Refa Carat tool for your face and body, there are certain ways you can use it. You should also know that there are different Refa rollers for different parts of your body, from the skin of your face to that of your body. Below are the types listed along with instructions on how to use them.
Using the ReFa Carat Face & Body Roller or the Eye & Lip Roller
When you want to use any of the Refa Carat tools for the face, the eye or lip area, you should hold the thickest part. Also, make sure you do not cover the solar panel with your hand.
- Holding the roller at a suitable angle (check caution for how the angle controls the strength on your skin), roll it across your face from the cheek to the corners of your mouth and the front of the ears.
- For head care, roll the tool from your forehead to the top of your head.
- You can also use the roller to massage the line of your neck to the base of your shoulder and neck by rolling it across the skin.
- For your upper arm, roll towards the armpit from your elbow and pull as you roll.
- For bust care, roll from your armpit to the center of your chest, gathering your bust inwards.
- Roll along the side of your body, moving up and down and pulling as you roll.
- For eye care, roll along from your eyes to your temples as if drawing half circles. Focus on the area under your eyes and roll gently.
- Also, roll along the corner of your temples and eyes. Move the roller up and down for maximum results.
- For your lips, roll the tool so that the corners of your mouth are lifted. You can also use it on your smile lines.
Using the Refa 4 Carat Face & Body Roller
Unlike other Refa Carat tools, this one has four rollers instead of the usual two. Hence, when holding it, put your thumb and forefinger around the part of the product that is narrow; then grip the thickest part still making sure that the solar panel is not covered.
- For face line care, roll the tool along your cheekbones from the corners of your mouth to the front of your ears.
- For waist care, gently roll along the side of your body and pull it up as you roll.
- For neck care, roll along your neck from your head to the base of your shoulder. Move the roller up and down.
- For hip care, roll firmly from your thigh base to your buttocks.
Using the ReFa Roller for Body
There are different grips you can use when handling this Refa tool. These are 0°, 45°, and 90° grips. This simply means you have to hold the adjustable handle relative to the roller at this angle.
- To use this roller on your body, gently roll along the lines of your body making sure that you draw out fleshy part and roll in both directions.
Tips for Using the Refa Carat Face & Body Roller
Here are a few more tips for you to maximize the use of the Refa Carat tool.
- For hydration and plumping of your skin, you can use a hyaluronic acid-based serum. Make sure you apply the roller after applying the serum.
- When using the roller on any part of your body, roll it back and forth or up and down to get an even texture for your skin.
- Refa has a high-tension mask that you can use with the roller to get a good gripping sensation and amazing results.
- After use, clean the roller with the cleaning cloth added to the pack. You can also wash it before storing it.
Cautions in Using the Refa Face Roller
When using any of the Refa rollers, it feels very comforting as it glides across your skin. But there are some precautions to be taken when using any of the Refa rollers to avoid any harmful side effects.
- You can change the strength with which the rollers move along your body by adjusting the angle at which you hold it.
- Lower the handle of the roller gradually when drawing the rollers back. This increases the pull on your skin. However, if it starts being painful, lower the handle.
- Raise the handle gradually when pushing the rollers forward to increase the roller’s pull. Raise it if you feel pain.
- For micro-currents to effectively circulate, you need to keep the hand that is not holding the device on your skin.
- Do not use the roller when you are taking a hot bath or in the sauna, as this might cause discoloration.
People in any of the following categories should abstain from using Refa rollers whether for their body or their face.
- If you are allergic to metals
- If you have skin sensory abnormality
- If your health condition is poor
- If you are not in a healthy state of your pregnancy or you just had a baby
- If you are also pregnant and not in good health
- If your skin bruises or gets purple spots easily
- If you are on medication or have been drinking alcohol
- If you have infected or inflamed skin
FAQs About Refa Rollers
A roller by Refa is one of the most exciting beauty products you can think of owning. Below are some general questions frequently asked about it.
Q: How does Refa make the skin look and feel better?
A: The action of the rollers and the micro-current stimulate the skin nerves to provide better blood flow. This, in turn, reactivates the cells and provides a smooth skin surface.
Q: Can the rollers be used to correct my puffy eyes?
A: The Refa S Carat Eye/ Lip Roller can be used for rolling under your eyes but there is no indication by the manufacturer for the purpose of puffy eyes. However, there has been a lot of positive feedback from customers concerning this same question.
Q: My skin is very sensitive, can I use Refa rollers?
A: It is advisable to check what your skin is sensitive to before you buy a Refa roller. This is because it is not appropriate to use it if you are sensitive to metals or you have any skin abnormality. Check the section above for other cautions.
Q: How often can the device be used?
A: You can use the device anytime as long as it shows no side effect on your body, skin, or health.
Q: Can Refa rollers be used with other family members?
A: Yes, you absolutely can. Because of the waterproof nature of the Refa roller, it can simply be washed and wiped before the next person uses it. So, you can buy one for your whole household.
Photos via @itsstephtoms, Instagram