Meant to control hair static and frizziness, hair cream is that basic styling product that also comes packed with a lot of moisturizing ingredients that will nourish and hydrate your strands for a healthier look. Hair cream for styling needs almost no introduction, but in case you haven’t heard about it, we have all you need to know, right from what styling cream is and how to use it to the best hair cream to get.
Your hair needs just as much care as your body and when it comes to taking care of it, you need to be careful with the kind of product you use. There are indeed a lot of hair products on the market that promise you all you have always wanted for your hair, but some of them contain harmful ingredients that will only end up causing hair breakage and loss.
However, you can trust that hair cream for styling doesn’t belong to this category. You can get a boost and shine in your hair by using this excellent product and you don’t need to worry about any side effects.
In this article:
Our Picks for the Best Hair Creams
Here are 17 best hair cream styling products to relieve you of the stress of searching for one online or in beauty stores.
1. Alterna Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture CC Cream
Hair cream is an excellent hair care product, and it adds so much nourishment to your hair. Well, Alterna Moisture CC Cream does just this and more. The product comes with ingredients that are clinically proven to reduce hair breakage, protect the hair from UV rays and infuse any type of hair with perfect features. With just one styling cream, you get about 10 benefits for your hair. Get one today at Sephora, or Amazon!
2. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment
This is one of the best hair styling creams you can get, and it works for all hair types. It comes with healthy ingredients to add volume, smoothness, strength, and shine to your hair. You also don’t need to worry even if you have color-treated hair, as the product is silicone-free and is perfectly safe for you. For instant healthy hair with no stress, choose this hair cream, available at Sephora, and Amazon!
3. Aveda Smooth infusion Styling Cream
Humidity can be a very terrible thing for your hair, since it can cause frizz when intense. This is why you need a profoundly nourishing hair cream like Aveda’a styling cream. Infused with organic cupauacu and shea butter, the product fights all form of frizziness in one styling. Parabens, sulfate and any other harmful ingredients are also absent, so just get yourself one at Nordstrom, or Amazon!
4. Devacurl SUPERCREAM Coconut Curl Styler
Coconut oil has been researched by a lot of hair care product manufacturers simply because of its nourishing effects. It also acts as a moisturizer and makes the hair bubble with so much life. And this is the vital ingredient that comes with this styling cream. You can have smooth, shiny, frizz-free hair and a boost in your hair volume just by trying this hair cream. Pick it up online at Sephora, or Amazon!
5. Oribe Imperial Blowout Styling Cream
Here is another excellent styling cream that won’t leave you disappointed with the remarkable result. The hair cream has what it takes to add strength, style, density, and softness to all types of hair. You can be guaranteed that your hair will end up looking shinier and much healthier right from the root to the tip. One of the other perks you get to enjoy is a fuller look with much more transformation that takes days to wear off. Get this styling cream at Net-a-Porter, or Amazon!
6. Redken No Blow Dry Just Right Cream for Medium Hair
Dry polymers and flex polymers allow the hair to air-dry faster and make sure that any style you want to give to your hair can last for much longer. These two ingredients are present in this styling hair cream. Take that needed break from hair styling tools that can be harmful to your hair in the long run and switch to the much healthier choice that this hair cream offers. The cream also firms your hair and gives you an effortless it-girl look. You can find it online at Ulta Beauty, and Amazon.
7. Bumble and Bumble Bb. Curl (Style) Defining Creme
Some of the hair styling creams on the market make use of silicone and other ingredients that are not so safe for your hair. But you can trust this hair cream that comes with healthy and highly moisturizing ingredients. The cream gives your hair strength, flexibility and creates soft-looking waves for you. One of the major components is the HydraSculpt blend for more styling benefits. Pick a bottle for yourself at Sephora, or Amazon!
8. Phyto Moisturizing Styling Cream
Formulated with a blend of rice wax and quinoa, this hair styling cream is an excellent product for moisturizing your hair and giving you that deep shine that you have always craved for. Your hair strands will definitely be stronger and shinier after using it. And what more can you ask for when you have hair that is easy to manage and feels great? This hair cream is available for purchase at Nordstrom.
9. Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream
Whether your hair is straight, coiled, wavy or curly, you can still use this styling hair cream. This brand is one of the best makers of hair care products. Their products are known for extreme safety and effectiveness. This hair cream is right from their top shelf, and it adds so many benefits to your hair. It is infused with argan oil to hydrate your hair and tame any sort of frizziness. You can also use it to refresh your hair after you have styled or treated it. Pick up a bottle at Sephora, or Amazon!
10. Ouai Finishing Crème
This is another styling cream that has to be on our list of the best hair creams. One unique thing about this hair cream is that it is quite lightweight and doesn’t weigh your hair down. When you use the cream, you can be sure of a lustrous finish and hair that is free of frizz and reflects light so beautifully. There is also the French-inspired fragrance that leaves your hair smelling so lovely you don’t want the experience to end. This hair cream is sold through Sephora, and Amazon.
11. Reverie Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment
If you want healthy-looking hair that is silky, soft and shiny, try this hair styling cream. The product works for all hair types and comes with nourishing ingredients. You can already tell the product is safe with Sephora’s clean seal that it comes with. It’s also vegan-friendly and has a rich blend of 16 special oils to enhance your hair volume without weighing it down.
There are no glutens, silicones, sulfates or parabens included to have any long-term side effect on your hair. Try it out today, and that’s all you need to fall in love with the product. It can be found online at Sephora.
12. Amika First Base Moisturizing Styling Cream
Hair styling creams are famous for all the benefits they have on your hair. With Amika’s styling cream you can have all those benefits and more. The cream features ingredients like sea buckthorn berry, vitamin C, and over 190 biologically active compounds to give you the freedom to style your hair in any way that suits you. Light protection, moisture, and smoothness are all also part of the perks of using this hair cream. Buy yours today at Revolve and start using it for shinier hair!
13. Pureology Hydrate Air Dry Cream
Heat styling products can hurt your hair in the long run. But here is a no-blow-dry heatless styling cream for you. Made with AirDry technology and AntiFade complex, the product has a record dry time, enhances your hair body and tames every single frizz. You can be sure your hair will be so radiant when you style it with this hair cream. It can be found online at Adore Beauty.
14. Verb Sea Texture Cream
You must have read about those shampoos that give you a tousled, beachy look. But here is a can of the best hair cream that does the same thing effortlessly. Using it can give you instantly fresh hair waves with excellent texture and firm hold. The product can easily refresh your hair and amplify any style you create. It works for straight and wavy hair, no matter the length. Pick up a jar online at Sephora!
15. Tigi Bed Head Small Talk
Are you looking for the best hair cream that can add volume to your hair quickly and still allow you to control frizz? This product adds shine and gives your hair a light to medium hold. You will also love the fragrance it features that will allow your hair to smell better. All that UV flying around won’t be able to touch your hair, and even if you have had limp hair all year long, be ready for the burst of energy your hair has always needed. Get this lovely bottle of hair cream at Ulta Beauty, or Amazon!
16. Neuma NeuStyling Smoothing Crème
A hair cream with all-natural ingredients is what you get when you use this styling cream. With a blend of fruit oils and natural botanical extracts, it will give you the gorgeous glossy look that will follow. While the sunflower seed adds UV protection, the rosehip fruit extract makes your hair smooth and soft. You can’t go wrong when you use this hair cream. So why not get one today at Amazon?
17. O&M Style Guru Styling Cream
Shea butter, amino acids, and a lot of essential vitamins and minerals are all captured inside this bottle of hair styling cream. And that is what will give your hair a soft texture, smoothness, great volume and will control the frizz. It works for wavy, curled and coiled hair. The packaging is recyclable for a green environment, and there are no unsafe ingredients used for making it. Get this excellent hair cream online at Sephora!
What to Look for in the Best Hair Cream for You?
If you have been reading our article from the very top section, you must have seen that hair styling cream is universal, and you can use it for any hair type. Well, while it is universal, there are still certain types that come with other ingredients that will be much more beneficial for you than others. So how do you know what to look out for when buying a hair cream.
Here are some of the factors you should consider when looking for the best hair cream:
Oils are the main ingredients in a lot of good hair creams. But since there are different types of oils, here is a guide to what each of them can do for your hair.
- Argan oil treats frizzy hair as an anti-oxidant and protects the hair from UV rays or pollutants.
- Hemp seed oil is rich in omega 3 and has essential amino acids with other vitamins and minerals to rejuvenate your hair.
- Jojoba oil helps calm, regenerate and soften your hair while acting as a natural skin conditioner.
- Rosemary essential oil improves blood circulation to the scalp and strengthens hair follicles with a soothing and cleansing effect on the scalp.
- Peppermint oil gives your hair pleasant fragrance and has anti-microbial properties. It also improves blood flow.
- Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer with enough nutrients to keep your hair healthy.
Your Hair Type
While lots of hair creams are for all hair types, there are some that specifically work for you. For example, there might be a hair styling cream that will help you boost your hair volume if you have fine hair. And some might just come to help those that have outstanding hair volume to maintain great texture and shine.
Hair Cream FAQ
Just in case you have any questions or doubts about hair cream, we answer them below!
Hair cream is a hair product that helps to add natural shine to the hair while leaving it smooth and frizz-free without any form of greasiness. You can use it to tame frizz and style your hair without having to spend too much time rinsing it off. One fantastic thing about using hair styling cream is the fact that it brings your hair to life and contains a lot of nourishing ingredients that won’t damage your hair.
One thing you won’t have to worry about when using hair cream is maintenance, and you can even style your hair right before you go out. The product is also a perfect way to keep your hair healthy and with full volume in between salon visits.
Just like other haircare products, hair cream primarily works with the type of ingredients that it is infused with. But generally, this awesome styling cream comes with natural ingredients that control static, frizziness and give each strand a silky shine for a better look.
Hair oils are one of the base components of hair cream, like rosemary oil, argan oil, coconut oil, and some other oils. It is the oil that goes to each strand and coats it, as well as goes to the scalp to deeply moisturize and keep at bay dandruff while also protecting from any sort of chemical or UV damage.
Hair cream works so well to hold your hair body and give it more strength without leaving irritating grease. Finally, unlike some of hair gels that may not be suitable for one hair type or another, you can use hair styling cream no matter your hair type or the treatment you have previously used.
There are so many benefits packed inside a bottle of hair styling cream, especially if you choose one of our picks of the best hair creams. Here are some of those benefits:
• Hair styling cream helps to add moisture, shine, and nutrients to your hair.
• It works as a quick fix to give you a well-groomed look when going out.
• You can use hair cream to create different styles for your hair and remove frizz.
• Try it in between hair styling for better maintenance.
• Unlike gels, hair cream doesn’t contain grease so your hair won’t feel oily afterwards.
Hair wax, cream, paste, and hair pomade are usually confused to be the same thing. Most women just pick any of these four when they get to the store without knowing what exactly they do. Well, they are different, and we are going to tell you why.
• Hair styling cream creates shiny looking hair by using natural oil-based ingredients to infuse moisture and nutrients into your hair.
• Hair pomade is also used for styling the hair, except its base component is wax, and your hair will look kind of wet, sleek and shiny. Also unlike hair cream, using too much hair pomade makes your hair greasy and oilier.
• Let’s not forget hair paste, which is a styling aid that gives a natural-matte finish to your hair that resembles hair clay. It comes with water-based ingredients and works best with fine or wavy hair, giving it a messy flat-hair appearance.
• Lastly, hair wax also creates a disheveled but professional look while allowing your hair to be firm with more flexibility. Hair wax comes in a paste-like form and can be used all day long.
From the definition of these four hair styling products, you can see that they have different roles and aren’t made with the same base ingredients. So you need to know the exact result you want to achieve before going to the store to get one.
You can either use hair cream at home to style your hair or use it as a hair mask to get a great spa experience. Luckily, we have instructions on how to get the best from both of them.
Using Hair Cream for Hair Styling and Conditioning
You can use hair cream as a great hair conditioner after shampooing your hair as well, and this is how you should do it:
• Gently dab the shampoo and massage it into the roots of your hair.
• Make sure you apply it uniformly all over your head and gently massage it for a minute a two.
• Then leave the hair cream there for 30 minutes, before applying your shampoo and washing the hair. This will make your hair stronger and stimulate hair growth.
But if it’s after shampooing your hair for styling purposes, then follow these steps instead:
• Make sure your hair is damp when applying the hair cream.
• Cover your whole hair with the cream, using your fingers to massage it all over the damp hair and using a tiny amount of product only.
• You can use a hair brush to get the desired style or just use your fingertips to create it.
Using Hair Cream as a Hair Mask
• Before going into the shower, apply the hair cream and massage it softly into your hair roots.
• Put on your shower cap, and then cover your hair with a warm towel.
• Leave it in for about 40-50 minutes, which will allow the nutrients to go deeper into your scalp for a luscious look.
• You can still apply the cream after taking a shower for taming frizz and conditioning.
Photos via @kayluhskolors, Sephora, Ulta