You can create your own natural hair serum at home. You will need the ingredients, the process and three minutes to read this section. And we are not going to teach you how to make just hair serum. We are creating homemade hair serums for specific hair types. Sounds good? Check out some of the easiest homemade hair serums for your hair type below!
DIY Hair Serum for Damaged Hair
Various things could cause hair damage. It could be heat used in styling, the sunrays, chemicals or poor nutrition. No matter the cause, we can bring the damaged hair back to its status by making and using the right hair serum.
- 2 tablespoons of argan oil
- 3 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil
- 4 drops of essential oil
- 4 oz amber dropper bottle
- Pour the argan oil, the jojoba oil and sea buckthorn oil in a bottle.
- Add drops of essential oil into the bottle.
- Seal the bottle with its cap and shake.
- It is ready. Use your hair serum as required and store properly.
DIY All-Natural Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair
This is the hair nourishment type of serum. It contains the ingredient that reduces frizz and improves the health of the hair. You will have smoother and healthier hair with your own made product.
- 1 tablespoon of organic jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 10-12 drops of organic lavender essential oil
- 6 drops of organic peppermint essential oil
- Put all the ingredients in one bottle in the quantity specified.
- Shake the bottle gently and repeatedly.
- It is ready for use.
DIY Hair Serum for Hair Growth
If you have longer and thicker hair, you don’t have to search any more for the best hair serum recipe. The ingredients are rich enough for a hair look transformation. So let’s do this.
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of Jamaican black castor oil
- 2 tablespoons of glass dropper bottle
- 7 drops of lavender essential oil
- 7 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 7 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 7 drops of thyme essential oil
- Pour the jojoba oil, Jamaican black castor oil, and grape seed oil in the glass bottle.
- Add the entire essential oils one after the other. Follow the number of drops indicated under the ingredients.
- Shake the bottle. It is ready for use.
DIY Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair
Do you know hair serum can help to maintain frizzy hair? If you do, you should know you make a hair serum at home yourself?
- ¼ cup of pure aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of fractioned coconut oil
- 2.5 tablespoons of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 12 drops of jasmine essential oil
- 4 tablespoon of amber bottle
- Put the specified amount of aloe vera gel in the blender.
- Add rose water, the coconut oil, and vitamin E and blend.
- After few seconds, use a funnel to pour the mixture into a disc-top bottle.
- Put 12 drops of jasmine oil into the bottle.
- Shake the bottle to mix.
- You can now use this hair serum on wet, washed hair.
DIY Hair Straightening Serum
Using heat regularly to keep hair straight can bring unappealing results. And it can cause hair breakage. But with this homemade hair serum, you don’t have to subject your hair to heat too often. It is a substitute for hair straighteners.
- 2 tablespoons of fractioned coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soybean oil
- 5 drops of jasmine essential oil
- Use the funnel to transfer the oils into the glass dropper bottle.
- Add 5 drops of jasmine essential oil.
- Close the bottle and shake to mix the content.
- The serum is now up for use.
DIY Hair Serum for Oily Hair
Oily hair is easy to be infected. Natural oil is being secreted on to the scalp of an oily hair lady. Dust particles and the sebum of the hair can produce the development of hair infections.
And you still need moisturizers. However, moderation is important. The right hair serum will moderate the amount of oil and help the scalp to be healthy. Here is how to create such a hair serum.
Grape seed oil is light and ‘dry’. It won’t make the hair get too greasy.
- 3 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of hemp seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of watermelon seed oil
- 4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- Pour the hemp oil, the grape seed oil, and watermelon seed oil into the bottle.
- Put essential oils with the right amount of drops.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Close the bottle and shake.
- You can now use your homemade hair serum.
Other ingredients can be used to help oily hair. Use this second option often, and your scalp will be free from infection.
- 4 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Some peppermint
- 4 drops of Geranium essential oils
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- Mix the ingredients in a bottle and shake.
- Use the serum rigorously on the hair and scalp.
DIY Hair Serum for Natural Hair
Natural hair is a blessing. You want to keep it fresh and glossy. And you want to save cost. This homemade hair serum will let you do that, even if you haven’t tried anything related before. It is for your natural hair.
- ½ cup of safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of Jamaican black castor oil
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seed oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- Pour the safflower oil, JBCO, avocado oil and pomegranate seed oil in the bottle.
- Add all the essential oils one at a time in the amount specified under ingredients.
- Close and shake the bottle. It’s ready.
DIY Hair Serum for Dry Hair
This is when you want to achieve results at their best. Keep the hair moisturized and nourished. The ingredients are well researched and are sure to deliver health benefits.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil
- 1 oz of avocado oil
- 3 oz of sweet almond oil
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil
- 7 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- The almond oil, avocado oil, and sweet castor oil into a bottle.
- Add the sandwood and lavender essential oils.
- Add the other ingredients and close the bottle.
- Shake the bottle. You can now use your homemade hair serum.
Photos via @pinebarrenbeauty, Instagram