This post may contain affiliate links.
Vintage denim fashion is a serious science, for you information. “Oh my stars, I have finally grabbed my ideal vintage jeans!” you may exclaim with delight. Are you seriously thinking you can lie back and relax now? Well, unless you are an old-hand denim expert, well-versed to style it any way.
For others in need of a helping hand, we have put together a bunch of inspirational styling tips whether your target is vintage jeans, a denim jacket, a skirt or a pair of cool jean shorts.
• For your everyday office wear appeal, straight-leg vintage jeans paired with a lightweight white shirt or classic striped one tucked in, can work wonders in terms of rocking the typical smart casual style. Add a pair of classic pumps or cool ankle boots to finish off the look with a big hit. Don’t forget to cuff your jeans for extra merit.
• That’s a universally admitted truth that high-rise vintage jeans walk hand in hand with crop tops, a tandem always able to give off some va-va-voom vibes. If you are that much bold, go for crop tops above your midriff or go the extra mile with a lingerie style bralette. But if you just need to show off the high-rise grace without exposing skin, opt for a cropped item meeting your waistline.
• Avoid wearing straight-leg vintage jeans with hip reaching tops or shirts. However, if you have scored a pretty baggy top and are on pins and needles to give it a try, tie its lower hemline into a Coachella-inspired knot for your flirty look.
Read Next: The History of Jeans: Denim Origin & Facts
• When considering styling your vintage jeans with an outerwear piece, classic trench coats, long hedonistic animal printed pieces, or long cardigans will work well across the board. You can also go for cropped badass leather jackets or bomber jackets with cami tops underneath, but skip out on playing with hip-reaching blazers, as they tend to break the balance.
• Flared or boot-cut vintage jeans are inherently grandiose both on tall and petite girls. Double down its grandiose factor by topping it with a pussy bow shirt and a pair of tonal pumps and hit the jackpot with your ‘70s-inspired look.
• If you have always overpassed denim on denim, just cast all doubts. If at least one of your denim items is a standout piece, you are going to start a denim-saturated unrivalled game. Consider bringing together two-tone kick flare vintage jeans and a statement denim blazer and just rest assured, you are on a winning streak!
Read Next: Best Vintage Jeans for Women
• If you are more on a sporty side, your frayed light blue vintage pair is about to fit like a glove with a slogan-reading T-shirt and a pair of sneakers, while a shirt tied around the waist is going to toughen it up.
• If you are going to play a feminine-masculine blending game with your dark blue vintage Levi’s jeans, there is no better way to do it than to add a pair of strict brogues or loafers.
• As the Coachella season is just around the corner, be prepared to rock your vintage blue wash jeans with playful peasant blouses, off-the-shoulder tops or front-knot shirts.
• While acid wash vintage jeans might seem the most difficult to style, we have two killer offerings for you. Wear them either with a black skull-printed top for rock-chic vibes or else go more comfy with a chunky knit sweater.
• If you boast having that iconic hourglass figure, your high-waist vintage denim shorts paired with a front-knot floral shirt and finished off with a bow band is a surefire thing to channel a sexy pin-up girl flare.
• For casual street style, opt for a striped T-shirt tucked in your frayed denim shorts with raw hems. Any sneakers or better, a pair of strapped sandals will be a spicy addition to the look.
• Who said that denim shorts are only due for beach relaxing or bicycle riding? Team them with a pair of pumps, a hip-skimming blazer and a casual top underneath and you will reveal their pretty classic side.
• Have you ever gone white head to toe and felt the lack of some pretty addition? That was undeniably the lack of a vintage denim jacket. Get your hands on a perfect blue boyfriend denim jacket for your next time all-white ensemble.
• Any floral skirt or dress, be it a form-fitting knee-length staple or a casual flirty option, is sure to be sweet-sounding with your faded vintage jacket buttoned up or nonchalantly unbuttoned.
• Want to be wrapped with ultimately cool girl vibes? Team your blue vintage denim jacket with a playfully white crop-top and a pair of statement tinted sunglasses for the confirmation of a cool factor.
• In case you haven’t yet jumped on a creative vintage denim skirt styling solution, go with this quick fix without a second thought. Whether your button-front denim skirt is of knee skimming length or stretches below your knees, is A-line or form-fitting, stay assured that a white statement T-shirt is the right thing to create a win-win look. Want some fine-tuning finishing touches? Think gladiator sandals and a stack of bracelets!
• If you own a denim shirt of a different wash than your vintage skirt, go with it. Tuck it under your high-waist skirt and hotfoot it along the streets with a pair of ankle boots.
• If you want to rock your long denim overall other than in a run-off-the-mill casual style, infuse it with chic vibes. What can work better than a striped T-shirt, teamed with hot red accessories? Yum-Yum!
• Your vintage denim short dungarees just call for wandering along the best Miami beaches. Do it in a big way; wear a bandeau underneath your overall and throw over a colorful kimono jacket for some pretty bohemian allure.
Photos via Instagram