To gently remove the dead skin from the cuticle area and make your nails look healthier, here you have 9 of the best cuticle removers that never fail!
In this article:
Our Picks of the Best Cuticle Removers
1. Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Remover – Exfoliating Cuticle Nail Treatment
Deborah Lippmann is at it again with this cuticle remover, which is considered a higher-grade product respected for its comfort and ease. One of its main ingredients is lanolin oil, also called the virgin wool wax.
Unlike most cuticle removers, you do not really need to soak your nails in this solution, as the product softens the dead skin instantaneously. Lastly, there is good news for people with sensitive skin: you can use this cuticle remover without tension, as it’s perfect for every skin type. Get it from Sephora!
2. Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover
This is what you get when aloe vera meets green tea and chamomile to soften cuticles and fight all unwanted irritations. This cuticle remover is the best when it comes to the removal of dead and dry cuticles and even calluses. Hence, the product is a two-in-one that you can use easily and frequently.
Give it 20 seconds and it will melt any cuticle by breaking down the dead skin in a relieving way and moisturizing the outlying skin all at once. You can pick it up at Ulta Beauty.
3. butter LONDON Melt Away Cuticle Exfoliator
This effective cuticle remover is a fully tested commodity that is used by professionals. It contains a thick paraben-free gel formula, which works by melting the overgrown cuticles and seamlessly removing them – all in just 120 seconds. Get yourself a bottle from Ulta Beauty!
4. Pacifica Clean Up Cuticle Remover
With the active help of glycerin, citric acid, aloe extract, and jojoba oil, this cuticle remover replaces the unhealthy bond of the dry and dead cuticles with healthy and new cuticles. It also exfoliates them gently without damaging your skin or nails. You can remove the unwanted cuticles without cutting or nipping, which tends to hurt the skin and could even result in bigger complications at times. Just pick up this cuticle remover at Ulta Beauty!
5. SpaRitual Cuti-Quench Conditioning Cuticle Creme
What can be more preferred than a product which removes rough, unwanted cuticles and softens the skin all at once? This cuticle remover nourishes and moisturizes healthy skin and exfoliates dead skin thanks to its formula of apple extract, avocado oil, coconut oil, ginger, safflower oil, aloe vera, castor oil, glycerine, vitamins E and A, and many more ingredients.
This cream has been tested and tried by experts so you can make use of it freely without tension. The size of its tube is also one more thing to like about, as it allows you to easily carry around. This cuticle remover can be found online at Amazon.
6. Mavala Cuticle Remover
Lanolin oil is the main ingredient in this Mavala product, which does its job perfectly well thanks to its thixotropic formula. This swift and convenient solution removes dead cuticles just like magic and could be well used during pedicures, manicures, and even artificial nails sessions. It also saves plenty of time. You can get your hands on this cuticle remover at Ulta Beauty.
7. 5 Second Nail Quickie Cuticle Remover
From the stables of widely known nail glue maker 5 Second Nail, the Quickie cuticle remover does its cuticle-dissolving job in mere seconds. As you might have guessed, this substance uses only 5 seconds to dissolve and condition the cuticles. This is a cost-effective product, which comprises substances that guide the fine skin from all wear and tear and unwanted damages. It is available online on Amazon.
8. California Mango Cuticle Remover
Most times, making use of a cuticle remover dries up the outlying skin. However, this product is not going to do that thanks to the special formula by California Mango. You will not need to clip or cut the dead skin around the nails, as it is a great product you can use on a daily basis without any danger or harm afflicted on the fragile skin. It conditions and softens the cuticles and does not dry out the skin. Get it from Amazon now!
9. Esteemia Cuticle Away Remover
Just 45 seconds, and your cuticles are as soft as some products would take minutes to deliver. Just apply this cuticle remover, wait for 45 minutes, and push back your cuticles with an orange stick or wooden manicure stick. It is yet another easy and fast way of eradicating dead skin around the cuticles, and it is created through a mixture of four hydroxyl acids that are all good for the skin. It also assists in avoiding excessive growth of the nails and callused skin on hands and feet. You can grab it online on Amazon.
Now that you know the various types of cuticle removers available, consider these tips for choosing the best one.
Cuticle removers are ideal because they will not remove the cuticles entirely, but only the dead and rough skin of the cuticle. Let’s consider the primary types of cuticle removers and how to know the best cuticle remover for your nails.
- Cuticle-Removing Gels: This kind of cuticle remover is a gel-like substance. You can easily apply a thin ribbon of the cuticle-removing gel and leave it for a minute or two. Gel cuticle removers are perfect for softening hardened nails and preventing the cuticles from rippling apart. They gently remove dead skin in a fast and painless manner while soothing skin irritations alongside.
- Cream-Based Cuticle Removers: These are exfoliating creams that are thick and applied to the nail beds and the cuticles. It does the same job as the gel cuticle remover, only has a different texture.
- Cuticle Liquids: Cuticle removers in liquid or oily forms regularly come in a bottle similar to a nail polish. You can apply them on your cuticles to dissolve the dead skin fast.
- Cuticle Sticks: You can use cuticle sticks to gently push back your cuticles if you do not want to apply a liquid- or cream-based cuticle remover on your nails. Cuticle sticks are wooden sticks that are available in packs of 5-10. Aside from helping you fix your cuticles, these sticks are also perfect for correcting mistakes when painting your nails.
- Cuticle Nippers: If you wish to cut off your cuticles completely, it is important to use great cuticle nippers. Stainless steel nippers are ideal, and they need to be very sharp with good blades.
Most cuticle removers have no harmful chemicals as the active ingredients. And they contain moisturizers, so you do not have to worry about restoring your nail to its previous glowing state after sloughing out the cuticles.
Consider the Price
Generally, cuticle removers are affordable and easy to find in stores so you can comfortably and cheaply care for your nails. The prices of a good cuticle remover range from $5 to $10. But if you want a professional to do the job, you should expect to pay $20 or more for it.
When shopping for the best cuticle remover, ensure you compare the various prices of different products and their relative prices so you know if you will get good value for your money. Also, compare the sizes of the bottle or gel tube with the price. Bigger bottles have relatively lower prices than smaller ones.
Photos via @evelyneslava_, Ulta