When nude lipstick is figured out, it can be used in so many different ways – in casual situations and for formal events (and every other occasion in between). Nude lipstick is just all-around chic, and it makes a great alternative to bold colors like your essential red lipsticks and pinks. It’s best used for those times when you want to draw attention to your whole face, not just your lips. Browse through the best nude lipsticks available on the market now to find your best match!
In this article:
Best Nude Lipsticks Overview
- Best Overall: MAC Satin Lipstick in Cherish
- Best Liquid: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood
- Best Matte: Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Un-nude Liquid Lipstick in Fighter
- Best Pale-Pink Nude: Charlotte Tilbury ‘Hot Lips’ Lipstick in Kim K.W.
- Best Refillable: Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick in Sensual Matte
- Best Vegan: Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow
- Best Creamy: NARS ‘Audacious’ Lipstick in Anita
- Best Rejuvenating: Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick in Almost Bare
- Best for Dark Skin Tones: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Safe Word
- Best Rosy-Brown Nude: Tom Ford Lipstick in Indian Rose
- Best Long-Wearing: Too Faced Liquid Lipstick in Cool Girl
- Best Cool-Toned Nude: Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Joyride
- Best Weightless: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Lip Souffle Matte Cream Lipstick in Courage
- Best for Fair Skin Tones: Pat McGrath Labs MatteTrance Lipstick in Christy
- Best Hydrating: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Lipstick in Beige Tribute
- Best Splurge: Hermès Rouge Hermès Matte Lipstick in Beige Naturel
- Best Budget: NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss in Madeleine
- Best Lip Stain: Yves Saint Laurent Water Stain Lip Stain in Nude Underwater
- Best Drugstore: L’Oréal Paris Makeup Colour Riche Satin Lipstick in Golden Splendor
- Best for Olive Skin Tones: NYX Professional Makeup Matte Lipstick in Butter
- Best for Medium Skin Tones: Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Up 2 No Good
21 Best Nude Lipsticks to Try
From rosy nudes to golden ones, from matte to satin, from affordable to high-end, below, check out the best nude lipsticks worth trying.
This MAC nude lipstick shade has a lovely semi-matte, satin finish. It promises an intense color as well as a conditioner to help moisturize your lips. That’s an ideal formulaic combo when it comes to the best nude lipsticks! This is a beige hue with hints of peachy rose – it’s available at Nordstrom and MAC Cosmetics.
Nude lipstick is just as easy to pull off in the liquid form! Try out this pale nude with mauve notes. The formula is super-intense with a matte finish, and is smear-resistant, too, so your nude lipstick look will last way longer. You might need to try it out in a liquid form before making the purchase, since there will be some great application differences; luckily, this will be easy, since you can find this product at Sephora!
If you are searching for the best matte formula in the affordable price range, look no further than Maybelline’s SuperStay Matte Ink that is made to last through the day’s (or night’s) wear and tear, so you can glide it on and forget about it. This is a line of highly pigmented, long-wear, non-drying matte liquid lipsticks in a range of vivid shades that promise to stay put for up to 16 hours! The line carries a range of flattering nudes for every skin tone, but we have picked Fighter that is perfect for deeper skin tones. Grab yours from Amazon!
This shade, named after the famed Kardashian herself, is one of many in a line of the best nude lipsticks named after influential women in media. It is full-bodied and has a lovely pink tint that will catch the light in special ways thanks to its specific pigmentation. This line of neutral lipsticks also has a couple other shades to check out, and you can find them at Nordstrom!
This lipstick is totally elegant, and is created with shea butter, which gives it revitalizing properties. It’s voluminous and full-bodied as well, so this satin-finished, semi-matte lipstick will be working on multiple levels for those seeking a darker beige with deep rose flecks. The best part about this formula is that it’s described to last for 16-hours of comfortable wear. You can find it at Sephora.
Here is a liquid lipstick in a medium-dark nude color. The application promises to glide right on while offering a bold, true matte finish. Its formula is enriched with ingredients that promote health and comfort like natural oils, so you don’t have to compromise your comfort for intense color. You’ll find this fawn lipstick from Sephora.
In a sleek black bottle, you’ll find this dramatic, satin-smooth lipstick. It’s easy to apply with minimal effort and promises to have a show-stopping impact that carries a great deal of depth. This shade is a deep beige with a lovely mauve tone that seeps through with rich pigmentation. You can pick up a tube from Sephora.
Rejuvenation, comfort, and vibrant luxury are key drawing points of this creamy nude lipstick. This shade is a medium hue with a rich purple coming through that has the perfect balance of shine and structure. The chic gold tube the product comes in only makes it that much better to tote around; you can pick one up from Sephora.
Urban Decay is just one of those easy, go-to brands that are especially convenient when you have time to drop by a beauty retailer who carries the brand. One of the best neutral lipsticks, this shade is a matte finish that promises comfort with an easy-gliding application in a neutral nude-pink color. This product (along with its collection, which features other nude lipsticks) is available from Sephora.
This is one of the higher-end, expensive nude lipsticks on this list, but luxury does come with a higher price tag! This Indian Rose shade is luscious, with a dark beige-brown hue; as the other colors in this collection, the formula is made up of exotic ingredients made to be ultra-creamy and comfortable with a smooth application. You can find this luxurious lipstick at Nordstrom.
This is another one of those go-to brands, and this liquid, matte lipstick is easy to sink your teeth right into. There are a few nude tones in this lineup, but this is their ‘true nude’ shade of the bunch. It’s lightweight, which makes it nice for daily wear, while still being full of color and gliding on super easy with a gloss-like application (it dries into an ultra-matte texture with a totally opaque finish). You can find this product at Sephora.
This is another product that glides on glossy and dries to a matte finish. This line of nude lipsticks was created for various skin tones to find their perfect nude shade, so this is an especially great place to start your search. The Joyride shade shown here is a good middle ground, falling on the mauve spectrum with a medium-dark tint. All you have to do is apply the product with one swipe and wait for it to set. Buy a tube from Sephora!
Rare Beauty lipsticks all have a promise of a natural-looking finish, so that’s especially promising for a nude lipstick in the line! The application is silky-soft with a velvety matte finish and properties that keep the color true through your day. The medium shade will look lovely on and in your bag with its sleek off-white tube. Buy one from Sephora!
This is a lighter shade of a nude lipstick with a beautiful pink tint that makes it perfect for fairer skin. It comes in an elegant, pale gold and black tube that perfectly sums up the luscious color inside. The color, although light, will be intense and full-bodied, with an opaque matte finish. Its unique formula will keep your lips hydrated all the while. Find this at Sephora!
This dark nude lipstick is perfect for those with a medium skin tone. The lipstick has high pigmentation as well as a strong and luxurious satin finish, all with a one-stroke application, so you can have a luscious lipstick with just the right amount of shine. The gold case brings everything together for that luxury makeup experience as well, and it’s available at Sephora.
The black case of this luscious nude lipstick is actually quite classy yet edgy, which is perfect for the impactful pigmentation the formula promises. As a nude natural, edginess or intensity may not be the obvious goal, but when those aspects play in, it’s a whole new level of trendiness! On top of being hydrating, long-lasting, and weightless, this pink-toned lipstick is also refillable, which makes it more environmentally friendly! Find it at Nordstrom!
The formula for this glossy nude lipstick will keep your lips supple with a smooth, satiny finish. The color pigmentation will be soft and sheer, with a formula that promises to be non-sticky. It’s moisturizing and affordable on top of that, so if you’re looking for a creamy beige nude lipstick to complement your skin tone, this will be a satiny-smooth treat for your lips! You can find this luscious lipstick from Amazon.
This water-enriched nude lip stain is great for everyday wear since it’s made to hydrate and feel fresh all through the day (just look at its apt name!). It’s also weightless and non-sticky, so the glossy high-shine finish will also provide comfort. The brown nutmeg stain will mix well with the glossy finish, and you’ll see just how lovely the color can be as it plays against the nude base of the lip color. You can find this product at Sephora.
This nude lipstick is both boldly pigmented and super shiny. It boasts color richness with hydration, which will leave your lips looking intoxicating. Between the enriching oils, promised comfort, and beautiful golden-tinted nude color, you’re looking at a sensational lipstick. And if the product’s description and color aren’t enough to sell you, just look at how cool the golden tube is! Find it from Amazon!
With deep toffee roots, this lipstick is full-bodied with great pigmentation. There’s a lot of moisture packed alongside the rich color in this opulent creamy matte lipstick, and the formula’s oils work with the moisture to make for an easy glide across your lips. The deep toffee shade is great for medium to dark skin tones! Find this from Amazon!
Last, but certainly not least, is this luscious lip paint with a matte finish. The creamy, peachy nude lipstick is made to be worn throughout long periods of time and to blend right in with medium skin tones. The ultra-slim lipstick makes it easy to obtain a totally saturated look for a stunning color body that dries into an elegant matte. The applicator is made for anyone to be able to get their color right where they want it, too, so you can style it just the right way! Buy it at Sephora!
What to Look for in the Perfect Nude Lipstick for You?
Nude lipstick is a makeup staple everyone should have in their beauty kits for those natural, no-makeup makeup days. But how do you find that perfect one for you? Here’s what you should consider:
- Pick a shade similar to your natural lip color to make sure it creates that nude effect. So, if your lips naturally have a rose tone to them, go for a rosy nude color, and those with a brownish lip color should opt for brown-based nude tones.
- Usually, the outline of your lips has a slightly darker color than the rest of your lips, which means you can choose a shade close to the natural color of the outer edge of your lips.
- Your skin tone is a crucial factor to consider. For the best result, go for a shade deeper than your natural skin tone. Those with a cool skin undertone should pick cooler nude shades, while warm, yellow-based neutral tones are perfect for those with warm skin undertones. Also, fair skin pairs well with pink-based nudes, olive skin with beige tones, medium skin with peachy nudes, and golden nudes flatter darker skin.
- Lipstick formula matters a lot, too. Matte formulas are the longest-lasting, satin and cream lipsticks create a soft natural sheen, gloss lipsticks create a dewy look, and for the subtle sheer hint of color, go for sheer balm lipsticks or sheer lip stains.
Photos via Sephora