The statement, ‘I had a bland bath’, can only come from you if you haven’t heard of the benefits of bath oils and shower oils. Or you heard, but haven’t tried one. In this article, we present 15 of the best bath oils and shower oils that will give you the smooth skin and the pleasant bath time you have been looking for!
In this article:
Our Picks for the Best Bath Oils
Below, find the best cleansing bath oils for every skin need and issue!
1. L’Occitane Cleansing & Softening Shower Oil With Almond Oil
This shower oil will bring the effects you desire – softer skin. It has ingredients like fatty acids and almond oils, while the texture is an oil-to-milk-like liquid that soothes your skin. This body oil cleanser is also great for using as a base for shaving. Get it from Sephora!
2. Glossier Body Hero Daily Oil Wash
Everything changes when you add water to this body oil cleanser. Inspired by facial oil cleansers, it is a blend of seven natural oils for body. It doesn’t strip the skin or disrupt the top layer, but rather cleans and hydrates for a smoother appearance. Since it contains 0% water, this bath oil won’t affect the pH of your body skin either. You can get this magical shower oil straight from Glossier.
3. Diptique Do Son Shower Oil
The floral scent of this shower oil is a remarkable one. Accentuate your sensuality and the bright skin texture using this body oil cleanser that turns into a foamy emulsion upon contact with water. The apricot seed oil contained is responsible for the skin softness and well-being. It is available through Nordstrom.
4. Too Cool For School Coconut Milky Oil Shower Moisturizing Body Wash
This product is made with 84% natural ingredients, which means you are using a body oil that is as close to its natural state as possible. The oil-to-foam texture changes the oil into moisturizing creamy milk upon contact with water, which cleans, soothes and hydrates the skin to the max. This is a two-in-one shower oil and body wash, one of the best body oils on the market, and it retails through Sephora.
5. Susanne Kaufmann Oil Bath
It is time to cocker your skin with the best bath oil. You know, your body needs nourishment, smoothness and the sense of well-being. This product is formulated with ylang-ylang tree oil, patchouli plant oil and lavender oil that will give you the relaxing bath of your dreams. It is has a velvety feel and protective properties that you can get only from an essential skin victual like this one. You can get this bath oil from Nordstrom.
6. Skin and Co Roma Umbrian Truffle Shower Oil
This shower oil is designed to remove dryness and skin dehydration. It gives the skin a silky-smooth feel and removes fine lines. Feed your skin with essential ingredients like black winter truffle extract, argan and grapeseed oils, which soften the skin, making it look younger. One of the best shower oils for aging and dry skin types, this bottle is available at Dermstore.
7. Soap Chérie Luxurious Shower Oil
Coming in three scents, this shower oil is rich in Dead Sea salt and jojoba oils, which contain essential nutrients, like minerals and vitamins. It purifies and nourishes the skin giving it a smooth texture. The scent will take you on a luxurious experience that lasts long. Pick up your favorite scent from Nordstrom!
8. Library of Flowers Honeycomb Shower Gel
For a deep penetration, this bath oil goes into the lower layer of your skin to bring out the best appearance. It is a hydrating body oil cleanser that contains shea butter and jojoba oils. The scent is unique, inspired by nature. Your skin becomes clean and well moisturized at the same time. You can get yourself a bottle from Dermstore.
9. L’Occitane Shea Shower Oil
One of the best shower oils, this product features lipid-rich shea oil to nourish your body. When you use it, it leaves your skin with a protective film that hydrates dry skin and coats it with a luxurious scent. What’s more, it also soothes skin tightness, making it feel supple. Pick it up from Sephora!
10. Lalicious The Oil
What if you could get all your skin desire from a single product? This one bottle of bath oil is a multipurpose product – you can call it a massage oil, a hydrating body moisturizer, and a scalp treatment. You are one step to a remarkable spa experience. It’s perfect for all skin types and is just amazing for treating dryness and dehydration. You can find it for purchase at Dermstore.
11. Kiehl’s Since 1851 Creme de Corps Smoothing Oil-To-Foam Body Cleanser
For those who have dry and dull skin, there is a new, and effective remedy. This bath oil cleanser forms a soft, light foam when mixed with water. Made with castor oil and boasting a decadent smell, it will give you an effective and clean spa experience. The skin will become smooth, velvety and moisturized. Pick it up from Sephora!
12. Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Mind Bath & Shower Oil
This shower oil can de-stress after a long, stressful day. It brings mental clarity just as it restores the skin energy. After use, the coconut oil will hydrate your skin, while the rosewood is perfect for skin conditioning. Other ingredients like chamomile, petigrain, frankincense and rosemary oils all combine to give you a therapeutic experience. It’s available online at Dermstore.
13. Sheamoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Bath Body & Massage Oil
This is the right bath oil for getting an even skin tone. Not just an even skin tone, but the type that feels silky smooth to touch and radiant to the eye. It is also used as a relief after a hard day job. Relax your mind and let your skin reward you with a glow. This bath oil is available for purchase at Ulta Beauty.
14. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil
This shower oil is a requirement for anyone who wants to intensify a luxurious appearance out of dull or dry skin. Dehydration and dryness will disappear, and you will wake up to softer skin that is resistant to environmental factors. Perfect for sensitive skin as well, this shower oil can be found at Dermstore.
15. Czech & Speake Neroli Bath Oil
This is a fragranced bath oil. It is made for everyone who wants nourished and hydrated skin. One bath with this oil results in fragranced skin. Enjoy its top-notch moisturizing benefits related to the essential oils in its ingredients. This is one of the best bath oils, and you can get it from Harrods!
What to Look for in the Best Cleansing Bath Oils for Your Body?
If you want the best result from the bath oils you use, you should be specific with the type of ingredients contained. Are their benefits related to what you want? Are they suitable for your skin type?
Therefore, we need to state the different types of ingredients and what to expect.
The key ingredients of shower oils are essential oils. They are concentrated and rich, and a little of the product will just be enough for you to get the result you want. Below are different types of essential oils and their benefits.
- Bergamot essential oils are best to help you de-stress, solve depression and anxiety issues.
- Eucalyptus is an essential oil used for respiratory issues and other issues like fever and headaches.
- Jasmine essential oil is a brilliant choice for a luxurious bath. It makes you feel de-stressed and reduces tension. Other sources say, it helps to ease childbirth.
- Chamomile essential oil helps to restore or bring calmness. It is antiseptic oil and could improve mood in depression.
- Lavender essential oil is used for many purposes, which include as an anti-depressant, deodorant and as a sedative. It could help with issues such as eczema, sprains, hot flashes, headaches and insomnia.
- Lemon essential oils are good for improving concentration and it could reduce the symptoms of acne.
- Peppermint essential oil can be used to improve mental alertness. It could also be used to energize, refresh and cool the body.
- Rose essential oils are good for aiding digestion, circulation, and conditions related to respiration such as asthma. And it could relieve stress.
- Sandalwood or rosewood oil has a unique fragrance. It also helps with anxiety and depression.
- Rosemary is recommended for an early morning bath when you are preparing for work or for a short bath in the evening. It relieves aches and sore muscles.
- Frankincense has a beautiful scent. And a bath with it will help improve the muscles and bones.
- Tea tree oil is a great antiseptic and can heal cuts and burns, while also soothing muscle aches.
Photos via Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta