If you’re on a hair journey towards red or towards platinum blonde, strawberry blonde can be a nice stop in the middle, or you can commit to it as your forever color, just like Jessica Chastain or Adele. If you are convinced, check out the best strawberry blonde hair dyes to buy and try your hand at DIYing.
In this article:
- Our Picks for the Best Strawberry Blonde Hair Dyes
- How to Choose the Best Strawberry Blonde Hair Color for Your Skin Tone?
Our Picks for the Best Strawberry Blonde Hair Dyes
Ready to bring your inspiration to life? Check out these strawberry blonde hair dyes that you can use at home to emulate the look you liked!
1. Garnier Hair Color Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Creme in Apricot Jam 84
This stunning strawberry blonde hair dye gives a warm and vivid medium blonde hair color with a coppery touch. It’s a nourishing, creamy formula that can lighten the hair by a shade or two but is generally recommended for those starting out with dark blonde or very light brown hair, with few to no grays.
It comes with an ampoule of oils that can be added to the color blend in order to give the hair a nourishing, softening boost, and overall, we think this is one of the best strawberry blonde hair dye options for those making a small color change and wanting minimal damage. Buy it from Amazon!
2. L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying + Shine Permanent Hair Color in 9GR Light Golden Reddish Blonde
This is another super gentle strawberry blonde hair dye option for those already starting out with naturally blonde or bleached hair. It gives the hair a really lovely, peachy-blonde color that isn’t too orange or brassy.
The set comes with a color gel and a developer in a convenient mixing bottle, along with a nicely sized tube of shine-boosting hair conditioner. If you have gray hairs, this shade will help to blend them away into the rest of the hair, although it’s not great for more extreme gray coverage. It’s available on Amazon.
3. Henna Maiden Strawberry Blonde Hair Color
If your hair is already light, and you want a strawberry blonde tint and some gray coverage, maybe you’ll be keen to try this henna-based strawberry blonde hair. While we object to the notion that this product is “chemical-free” (a claim that is literally impossible since everything, including water, humans, and even henna, is all technically made of chemicals), it is definitely an intriguing hair dye choice.
Using it is a little different than using traditional dye since it has to be left on the hair for a lot longer – around an hour and a half for a subtle tint or up to 3 hours for a more coppery shade. Henna hair dyes are extremely permanent, so if you change your mind and decide you don’t like it, it’s going to be very hard to remove. Order it from Amazon!
4. L’Oréal Paris Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair Color for Light Bleached or Blondes in Peach
If your hair is naturally light, or if you’ve already bleached it, this peach tone gives the most flawless strawberry blonde hair color while also fortifying the hair. This color is really more of a tint that infuses the hair with peachy, pastel shades.
You can mix it with your conditioner if you want an even softer and subtler tint, and it’s also perfect for just adding a few streaks or lightly dyeing the ends of your hair. Since it is a semi-permanent hair color, it will fade a bit every time you shampoo your hair, so it’s a good choice if you’d rather not commit to strawberry blonde. Get it on Amazon!
5. Garnier Olia Ammonia Free Permanent Hair Color in 8.0 Medium Blonde
This hair dye gives a warm blonde that is on the more golden side of strawberry blonde, making it a great shade to choose if you’re nervous about looking too much like a redhead. If you have a lot of grays to cover, this dye is a great choice.
It can also be combined with Garnier’s Intense Fire Ruby or Rose Gold for a more vivid strawberry tone. The dye formula is infused with olive oil, avocado oil, and shea butter, so it also helps to condition the hair while changing its color. Find it through Amazon!
How to Choose the Best Strawberry Blonde Hair Color for Your Skin Tone?
Strawberry blonde hair is blonde hair that has a bit of reddishness to it. It exists on a spectrum and can be lighter or darker, warmer coppery or cooler and rosier, or it can have a strong golden yellow leaning.
We always recommend choosing a level of darkness or lightness that won’t be too close to your skin tone, since that’s a recipe for looking oddly monochromatic and washed out. In our opinion, it doesn’t matter too much if the strawberry blonde is lighter or darker than your skin since both effects can be gorgeous in different ways.
- For example, if you have a medium skin tone, you can opt for a copper-heavy strawberry blonde that’ll be a little darker than your skin or go for a light strawberry blonde that will be darker than your skin.
- Strawberry blonde hair in all of its iterations is flattering to warm, cool, and neutral undertones alike. The only people who may have a difficult time with this hair color are those with olive skin tones since orange-based shades bring out the sallow greenness in the skin. If you do have olive skin, it’s better to opt for a slightly cooler and more pink-based strawberry blonde shade.
- For those with neutral skin that looks very beige and can sometimes appear dull, all shades of strawberry blonde hair do a remarkable job of bringing it alive and making it look very clear and luminous.
- For those with cool, pinkish undertones, strawberry blonde is just as flattering, helping to slightly tone down the pinkishness and to make the skin look healthy. It’s best to opt for more coral or pinkish shades of strawberry blonde since very golden-orange strawberry blonde shades can sometimes bring out too much pinkness in the skin.
- Those with warm undertones to their skin will do best with warm strawberry blonde hair colors that lean more towards gold, copper, or orange. Pinkish strawberry blonde shades are not totally off-limits, but they won’t be as flattering to your natural golden-yellow undertone.
Photos via @hairbylindal, Amazon