This post may contain affiliate links.
Pink lipsticks are truly having a moment now. The reason behind the smash of deliciously pink lips is the recently broken out deluge of pink fashion moments on the runways. We have taken the bait, we are head over heels in love with the can’t-miss-it pink color, and we are ready to rock it to the four winds!
But what are the best pink lipstick shades out there? How to choose the best pink lipstick color according to your skin tone? How to apply and wear a pink lipstick right? We are here to guide you in your endeavor to embrace the pink lipstick trend!
Best Pink Lipsticks for Every Skin Tone: Contents
- 15 Best Pink Lipstick Colors To Try
- How to Choose the Best Pink Lipstick According to Skin Tones
- What to Consider Outside of Skin Tone When Choosing the Best Pink Lipstick Color
- How to Wear the Perfect Pink Lipstick
- Pink Lipstick Makeup Tips and Hacks
- What Makeup to Wear With a Pink Lipstick
The finger-licking pink color reaches its boiling point when on the lips, so sweet, yummy and candy-worthy. That’s why all fashion-obsessed It girls are making powerful waves with pink lipsticks at this juncture. Want to jump on the bandwagon? We are offering 15 best pink lipsticks worth to snap up without a second thought and to draw crowds in a newly sweet way.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Bosworth’s Beauty
For those who are really in the grip of the pink color, Charlotte Tilbury has an amazing offering. Among oceans of pink lipstick shades in the beauty circuit, Bosworth’s Beauty is an incredible standout.
Inspired by Kate’s “mesmerizing, timeless look”, this medium peony pink lipstick, enriched with antioxidant Lipstick Tree and soothing Orchid extracts, channels the ’50s spirit with a good dose of modernity to it. Hooked on its matte finish, golden luxe tube or maybe a lip print embossed on the bullet? Find the pink treasure at Net-a-Porter!
2. MAC Lipstick in Pink Plaid
Looking for a pink lipstick without that sweet doll-like feeling to it? No need to square the circle; the iconic MAC Cosmetics serves up one of the best pink lipsticks with some grey undertones for more classic looks. What’s more, its matte finish is meant to supremely define your pout and induce you to rock the trendy color every which way. The Pink Plaid MAC lipstick is available now at MACCosmetics.com for your happy shopping moments.
3. Givenchy Beauty Le Rouge Lipstick in Rose Dahlia
The pink version that Givenchy offers is truly a huckleberry above a persimmon. Is there a logical explanation? Okay, yes! The opening gambit is the luxe tube designed with first-ever genuine leather; then it’s all about soft and sensual feelings that Rose Dahlia exudes with its semi matte finish and elegant pink shade. Get your hands on one of the best pink lipsticks at Net-a-Porter, and run the show of pink sensual lips!
4. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Armageddon
The name of this liquid lipstick by Kat Von D speaks volumes. What else to expect from Armageddon if not real bombshell moments? The carnation pink, glossy gliding and matte finish afterwards, comforting wear and long-lasting effect – all bunched in one place are potent enough to call this treasure one of the best pink lipsticks in the modern beauty zone. The Armageddon is available now at Sephora.
5. Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Pink Mauve
Who doesn’t know Bobbi Brown’s bestseller Lip Color line that has surely paved the way through every beauty-addict girl’s cosmetic bag? Here is the best pink lipstick that we have cherry-picked for you! Pink Mauve has all the facets to become your chic lip beauty panacea. The secret is behind its semi-matte comforting finish combined with its long-lasting effect. Purchase the lip candy right away at Nordstrom!
6. Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Rose Demure
With Edward Bess’ Rose Demure color on your pout, you will surely have the wind at your back in the competition of the best pink lipsticks. The neutral pink color is a dead giveaway that you are playing within elegant limits, while the glossy soft formula adds a good dose of luxe and chic around. You can purchase the lipstick at Net-a-Porter.
7. Dior Couture Color Rouge Lipstick in Osee
If you are aiming for the stars, no other pink lipstick can better fill the bill than the Dior Couture Color Rouge Lipstick. Pick up 277 Osee, a tender pink shade enriched with natural hydrating mango butter, and fear not to rock it all day long without any streaking. Available at Nordstrom, Osee is one of the best pink lipstick colors that we encourage you to invest in and indulge in.
8. Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in 1988
Among so many versatile pink lipsticks on our list, it is infallibly this melted bright bubblegum pink lipstick by Too Faced that feels and sounds so very finger-licking good. The innovative formula glides on the lips like a gloss but dries to a matte, opaque finish, while antioxidant-rich avocado oil and vitamin E are responsible for the moisturizing effect. Go straight to Sephora, and start your own unrivalled pink game!
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Party Pink
With Party Pink on your lips, chances are that you would become the life and soul of any party. Guess why? Because among oceans of pink lipsticks, this number by Anastasia Beverly Hills features the hottest ever pink shade with an ultra-saturated liquid formula to dry to a dashing matte finish. Available at Sephora, Party Pink is something singular, able to rapidly spit out that you march to a different drummer.
10. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lip Color in Rose Libertin
When we talk about the best pink lipsticks in the beauty circle, the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lip Color line is in attendance; there’s no two ways about it. Embrace this Rose Libertin hue with a luminous satin texture for some elegant touches, and enjoy all-day comfort and hydration through hydrospheres and natural extracts included! The product is available now at Nordstrom.
11. MAC Pink Lipstick in Sweetie
Here is another pink lipstick by MAC oozing out the sweetest ever emotions. This muted delicate pink with a lustre finish provides some natural sheer coverage, perfect for any occasion. Add in the 3-hour wearing comfort and MAC’s signature vanilla fragrance to the mixture, and you will get what others call the recipe of charm. Stop at Nordstrom to acquire the lipstick!
12. Lancôme ‘L’Absolu Rouge’ Hydrating Shaping Lip in Blush Classique
On brass monkey days, you need lip-hydrating means more than ever. What if it is painted in a blush pink color and packed in a sleek, click-to-close tube? The Lancôme ‘L’Absolu Rouge’ Hydrating Shaping Lip can be fairly called as one of the best pink lipsticks out there, and for good reason. Moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane and Antioxidant-rich vitamin E are sure things to keep your lips moisturized and healthy all the livelong day. Purchase just another pink lipstick at Nordstrom!
13. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Souffle
A lot of beauty-addict gals are all agog over the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche hand-made highly-pigmented lipstick collection with a creamy texture, made out of omega oils for healthy, hydrated lips. Our pink offering is this marshmallow pink Souffle number that feels and looks something delicious and appetizing. Oh, and that citrus flavor to raise spirits! Purchase one of the best pink lipsticks on our list at Sephora!
14. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Obsessed
Want to raise the pink bombshell bar? Urban Decay’s Vice lipstick line offers up this baby pink sheer lip color with a high shine finish that will adorn your lips for any ritzy party. What makes this lipstick a real standout is Urban Decay’s proprietary Pigment Infusion System™ that gives the formula its super-creamy texture, rich payout, and superior color dispersion. The lipstick is available at Sephora for your pleasant lip-nourishing and softening moments.
15. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Claudia
“Embrace the audacious in everything, especially your lipstick color. It’s liberating, exhilarating, empowering,” encourages François Nars, the NARS Creative Director. This cool pink lipstick in Claudia fully falls under the audacious category. It glides on the lips smoothly with a soft satin finish, while a stroke of color provides full coverage to bring your pout to the forefront. Purchase this lipstick at Sephora, and amplify your collection of pink lipsticks in a pretty audacious way!
We all grew up with those gorgeous dolls that wore the pink lipstick amazingly well. Whether it was Barbie or any other type, that pink really was attractive, so much so that we would look for a similar hue among our mothers’ lip products. Sometimes it looked God-awful though, and other times we felt like a superstar.
The ‘90s pop craze only served to increase our love for the perfect pink lipstick, with artists such as Britney Spears giving us some woefully sparkly dreams. Pink lipstick is basically the one color that every woman at some point in her life has desired to own a rainbow of shades of.
To this day, no matter how much we age, the pink never loses its pull on us. It is only once we get to a certain point in our lives though that we begin to think about pink lipstick shades and matching skin tones, quickly discovering that we were doing it all so very wrong till now.
While pink is one of the loveliest and freshest of colors we can use, it is not the easiest to pull off. Reds, berry and purple lipstick shades are much easier to play around with, despite the perfectly “Legally Blonde” feeling you get with the former beauty.
Everyone can do pink though, no matter what they think. One simply needs to match the skin tone to the pink lipstick shade. The best way is to match it perfectly with your undertones.
Before you go for that pink lipstick though, remember that the most important step is getting used to seeing yourself wearing color, particularly the bright and bold. You might need to wear it a few times to get used to yourself in lovely pink lips, pastel or on the darker side. Once you are able to wear the lipstick with confidence, there is very little you cannot pull off with ease.
Best Pink Lipstick Shades for Fair/ Light Skin Tones
It is the soft and sheer or those with crisper pigmentation that you are aiming to pick up for your pucker here. You will most probably have reddish undertones, and a peachier shade is what will help neutralize it and remove the blotchy look.
Flowery pink lipsticks are a great option for fair skin tones as well, particularly rose and lilac tints.
Those with fair skin with yellow undertones should consider picking warmer pink lipstick colors, like coral pinks.
Fair skin with blue undertones will look best with a blue-pink lipstick, popping you out with a bubblegum or candy look. Nice and sweet with the fairest of the all!
Best Pink Lipstick Shades for Medium Skin Tones
Medium skin tones, especially with an olive tint, are the best for pink lipstick. Most any shade can be pulled off here, outside of pink lipsticks with blue undertones.
Since you are of a warmer hue, the cooler pink lipstick shades might wash you out. Watermelon is an interesting hue to opt for, or even a nude pink lipstick that gives you the perfect au naturel appearance.
Orange and coral pink lipstick hues are a great option for a complimentary finish. Deeper pink lipsticks are also something to look into, depending on your personality and outfits you are wearing on that particular day.
Best Pink Lipstick Shades for Olive Skin Tones
If you have an olive skin tone, that is a medium skin tone with yellowish green undertones, you should steer clear of red-based pink lipsticks. Instead, darker shades of pinks with some touches of purple will bring out the best in your skin tone.
Best Pink Lipstick Shades for Darker Skin Tones
The darker the skin, the brighter and bolder the pink lipstick can be for the best complimentary look. Shades in the magenta family are for the more daring at heart, especially when you move into the fuchsia category.
Deep blue-pink lipsticks, as well as red or purple tones are the way to go. Lighter, purple-toned pink matches a softer personality. No ashy colors though, and certainly no neutral pinks.
Best Pink Lipstick Shades According to Skin Undertones
Remember that cooler skin tones require pink lipsticks with blue and purple undertones, such as lavender, magenta, purple, blue-tones hot pink, and rosy.
Warmer skin tones require pink lipsticks with orange and yellow undertones, with peach, coral, nude lip colors, and peach as the top choices.
To determine whether you are of a cooler or warmer skin tone, check out the veins on your wrist. Blue and purple tinged veins point towards a cooler undertone, while green or olive tinged veins mean you are of a warmer coloring. The former will have a reddish or bluish tint to the skin itself, while the latter is more on the yellow, peach or green side.
If your skin follows neither of these rules, you are most probably of a neutral sort. This means your veins are a blue-green combination, and the skin tinting is neither on the blue or yellow side. This also means you can wear just about any pink lipstick shade and pull it off with flying colors.
While skin tone plays a huge role in how the pink lipstick will look on you, it is not the only thing to consider. You have hair color and eye color as well, meaning that with a cooler toned skin but warmer eyes and hair shading, you might want to opt for warmer pink lipstick colors in general.
Warm skin tones paired with light colored hair and pale blue eyes will also warrant a cooler pink lip.
You might have to try out a few different shades to get the one that is best suited to your skin, hair, eyes and personality in general, but why not? Who does not have fun with pink lipstick anyway? Plus, you can always mix two together to get a color that is not yet available on the market.
Choosing the right pink lipstick is entirely subjective and should be picked out on the basis of what you love on your face the most. Those lips will be a huge focus point when you go out, so really play it up to you heart’s content.
Pretty in pink is quite the understatement, believe me. And remember, you can definitely pull off that pink, no matter how fair or dark your skin may be. Just look at Nicki Minaj and how she’s been rocking the look since she appeared in the music world.
Note: When picking the best pink lipstick for your skin tone, make sure there is no clash with your blush and eye makeup as well.
Once you have the right pink lipstick for your skin tone, you’re going to have to wear it the right way as well. That means following a few makeup tips and hacks to make that pink lipstick look perfect.
• Always start by prepping the lips, moisturizing them and getting rid of any dry patches that might affect how the pink lipstick will look at the end.
• Makeup artists also recommend brushing on some foundation around the lips to prevent any color from bleeding out. This might be a problem with certain brands of lipstick, especially if they are super hydrating by design.
• Lip liner is another way one can prevent such color bleeding, while also giving you an outline in which to color. We always seem to do better when borders are clearly defined. Perhaps that is due to playing with so many coloring books at a younger age?
• Finally, when adding on the pink lipstick, using a special lipstick brush might come in handy to really get the pigment in there.
• You can go glossy or matte, however you wish. Either way, go for a tissue blot before adding on any gloss, in order to even out the color and really set it in.
• Ombre pink lips will make those lips appear larger due to the centering of the light to the fullest areas. To get the ombre lip, you will need to first use foundation or a lip eraser to give yourself a clean slate to add the pink pigment to.
You may use a pencil to map out where the darker red, the pink and then the orange will be added. You can use only a good pencil for this, with dark red at the top, the bright pink in the middle and the darker orange lining on the bottom lip, all of it blended in for the best effects. Again, you can play with gloss or leave it matte.
• If you wish to take the opposite route and appear more natural, it is recommended to pick up a sheer pink lipstick and keep the eyes natural. You will be more than happy with that perfect pink pout that is not loud and does not scream Barbie.
As with any other piece of makeup, there are beauty hacks to consider when applying the right shade of pink lipstick for a day or night out. A few things to consider:
• Lighter pink lipstick shades make the lips appear fuller, while darker shades will thin them out. Choose what you will wear according to how you wish that pout to look.
• Coral pink lipsticks have the ability to look great on any skin tone due to a caramel undertone. Enjoy it, no matter what your skin color is.
• Berry pink lipstick shades look best on darker skin tones, cool or warm. Rich and vibrant, and with a nice gloss, these pink lipsticks are your best friend.
• It is important to test the color before buying. No matter how pretty it looks or matches your features, it just might not look as good when put on. It is preferable if you can test the color in natural lighting as well, for a more reliable conclusion.
• If your skin looks dewy, it contrasts best with a matte pink lip.
• It is preferable to add shine once you use the simple pink lipstick, as opposed to picking up a pink lip-gloss from the get go. Pearly or creamy finishes are also not as good as a nice matte finish to the lip product.
• When applying a pale pink lipstick, make sure that your natural lip color cannot be seen before the application. Use a double coat for good measure, pair it with winged eyeliner, and use other makeup products to enhance your features with a bit more color.
• Finally, never wear a pink lipstick color that is by any chance lighter than the color of your gums.
When it comes to makeup hacks, there are many that experts have shared, but not all look good. When considering what makeup to pair with your perfect pink lipstick, consider:
• Always keeping it simple. The pink lip color is nice and bright. You do not want to clash with strong eye makeup as well. So keep it balanced, particularly for the daytime.
• This also applies to the blush, as many have the tendency to overdo it, making it look drawn on. You want the makeup to appear blended and beautiful, without adding in too much pink everywhere.
• Doing just the pink lipstick. It is bright and beautifully pigmented, giving your face that darling splash of color needed anyhow. Just keep the foundation on nicely blended in, and the hair groomed nicely, and you are looking perfectly sharp.
• Adding to your lashes. Pink in certain shades is all about the glamour. When you take this route, it is preferable that you play up the lashes, either with a strong dose of mascara or by adding in the fakes. You want those eyes popping without overdoing on the makeup.
• Playing with colorful eyeliner. Okay, we know this keeps getting more colorful, but bear with us. There is a major trend for using brightly colored liners on your lids, particularly on the lower end. This looks incredibly good with a pair of pink lips, while a truly bold personality will mix in glitter with some bright liners, top and bottom lids.
• Brushing on the white. Pink lipstick has a tendency to make you look fresh, alive and particularly wakeful. White liner and shadow also have a similar effect. Combine them together for a great spring and summery feel as well, making the eyes pop with barely any effort.
• Bringing on the blush. While we definitely do not recommend a blush and lipstick clash, we do say that matching the colors, in particular using the pink lipstick pigment on the cheekbones as well, is a very good idea. It makes you look incredibly feminine while still keeping to your fashion diva outlook. A definite must!
Photos via @liza_lash, @princess.kaae_