Gold is not the only metallic for fashion clothing and accessories. Silver also makes a chic and stunning style statement all its own. Whether your jam is sky-high silver heels all day every day or cozy silver flats for the home office and errand running, definitely consider adding silver shoes to your wardrobe. The curated list below is a soup-to-nuts selection of silver shoes for almost every occasion and occasions to come.
Nothing looks better with winter white or other trending fall colors than a pair of cool-toned silver shoes. Make sure you check out our styling tips below for even more silver shoe styling ideas.
Silver Shoes Style Guide: Contents
15 Best Silver Heels & Flat Shoes for Women
From comfy flats to party-ready heels and some killer boots in between, find all the chicest silver shoes to add to your closet!
1. Aquazzura Purist Metallic Silver Sandals
Perfect for the last gasp of summer heading into fall are these chic Aquazzura silver sandals. It’s everything you could want in a sandal: a barely-there criss-cross strap and a perfect stacked heel to get you where you want to go in comfort. Snap up a pair at Farfetch!
2. René Caovilla Cleo Crystal-Studded Silver Heels
If you want to treat yourself to a stylish silver sandal, this Rene Caovilla pair of Cleo silver sandals is definitely one way to go. Each individual shoe takes two days to make in the Caovilla Italian atelier. You’ll feel like Cleopatra, or maybe Rihanna in these sandals with a suede backing and crystal-bedecked straps that wrap around your ankles for a sophisticated look. Sandals like these are perfect for the red carpet, the disco, or even your patio. Grab a pair while you can from Net-a-Porter!
3. Saint Laurent Charlotte Silver Kitten Heels
Saint Laurent is one of the most iconic names in fashion, and these luxe silver pumps continue the legend. The kitten heel is absolutely on-trend for fall. These patent leather silver slip-on pumps will elevate any outfit, from evening gowns to jeans. They are available from Farfetch.
4. Miu Miu Bejeweled Silver Shoes
Miu Miu shoes can be pricey, but they’re super comfortable and so well made you’ll probably have them forever (I’ve got a pair I’d wear 24/7 if I could.). These classic Miu Miu strappy silver sandals have a mirrored leather upper, a leather sole, and a blingy crystal trim. The two-inch heel not only looks good but also feels good. This pair is on offer from Forward.
5. By Far Tanya Silver Sandals
So, you think the silver trend looks like fun, but you’re not really the blingy, disco-ball type? Don’t worry, By Far has got you with its chic but casual Tanya sandal. It’s got a very wearable chunky heel and a stylish strappy design. The glitter metallic material can spend an afternoon at a barbeque or an entire day at the office. Find them at Shopbop!
6. Aquazzura Bow Tie Silver Flats
With these chic and timeless bow-tie ballet flats from Aquazzura, you’ll have a fashion-forward item that will last more than just a moment. This pair of silver ballet flats is comfy and works well with everything, from sundresses to casual capris and jeans. Perfect your casual yet glamorous style at My Theresa!
7. Sergio Rossi Silver Heeled Sandals
Halfway between all-out glamour and full-on casual are these perfect silver sandals from Sergio Rossi. They’ve got just the right amount of height and strappiness and enough crystal sparkle across the foot to make any outfit just a bit more special. See for yourself at Farfetch!
8. Off-White Metallic 3.0 Offcourt Silver Sneakers
Virgil Abloh represents the cutting edge of the sneaker scene. If stylish kicks are your thing, try these off-court silver sneakers. Designed for his super-hot Off-White brand, the combo of silver with its famous detailing results in a pair of silver shoes you’ll want to wear everywhere all the time. Shop the look at Farfetch!
9. Isabel Marant Laomi Silver Boots
It takes a special type of person to rock a pair of metallic lizard-embossed goat leather upper with leather sole. If you are that person, these Isabel Marant metallic silver boots are an absolute must-have. These pull-on boots with a stylish 2.5-inch heel make a definite statement this fall. Check these out at Forward!
10. Alexa Chung Fach Silver Mary Janes
Alexa Chung’s crystal-buckle ballet flats combine glamor and wearability into one silver shoe. These silver shoes feature a very wearable low stacked heel, a buckle strap with a tiny bit of bling, and a stylish pointed toe. If you want to keep up with the silver trend and pick up a wearable, walkable shoe, these might be just your thing. Pick them up at Farfetch!
11. Paris Texas Silver Boots
If I had to pick a pair of silver boots to wear into fall, winter, and beyond, it would definitely be these sparkling options from Paris Texas. These boots have everything I’m looking for: a sexy but wearable heel, a beautiful silver snakeskin print, a ruched detailing, and a sleek pointed toe. To be totally honest, I’d pull them on and never take them off. Visit Farfetch to grab a pair before they’re gone!
12. Aquazzura Tequila Silver Slingback Shoes
Eventually, we’re all going to be going out again, and we’ll need some splashy new shoes to go with our cocktail dresses and evening wear. These Aquazzura sky-high sparkly silver slingbacks remind us of the special evenings and special occasions yet to come again. These ‘Tequila’ slingback silver pumps are decorated with rows of crystals and spikey four-inch heels. When the time comes again for fancy dinners and dancing till dawn, these pumps are a must-have. Find them at Net-a-Porter!
13. Gucci Metallic Silver Slides
These Gucci silver sandals are an excellent option for times when you want style and comfort. This is a silver shoe you can wear right out of the box with almost any outfit. The intricate knot detail is pretty and stylish, but with a slight half-inch heel, they’ll be comfy enough to wear for an afternoon walk or a grocery run. You can find a pair at Farfetch.
14. Isabel Marant Aridee Silver Sandals
Isabel Marant’s barely-there strappy silver sandal has a dainty strap around the ankle and the toes along with a modest heel. If your preferred sandal style is ‘barely there,’ or you live in a tropical climate, these silver shoes could be the pair for you. Check them out at Forward!
15. Christian Louboutin Corinetta Silver Heels
Not everybody will want to rock these Christian Louboutin studded silver sandals with the four-inch red soles and plenty of bling. The straps are made of clear PVC, so it looks like the sparkly studs are circling your foot. The PVC might be tough to keep clean and not a great choice if you spend tons of time outside. But if you have a yacht or know somebody who does, these silver sandals might be the ones for you. They are available for a limited time at My Theresa!
How to Wear Silver Shoes
The first mistake silver shoe beginners often make is saving their new shiny silver pumps or flats for weddings, proms, and special occasions. Don’t be that person! Depending on the style, your silver shoes can go anywhere you go – to work, to school, or even to the grocery store.
• Work with a minimal color palette. A chic pair of silver flats looks amazing with winter white or sleek black trousers at home or work.
• Don’t be afraid to wear your silver sandals or flats with jeans. Pairing some silver sneakers with a denim skirt or jeans adds a stylish pop to your look.
• We love the way silver shoes add a touch of extra zing with navy and winter white. Try pairing silver shoes with white denim or your favorite skinny jeans. Then add a long navy cardigan and a striped tee to create a sophisticated French girl weekend vibe.
• If your personal style tends toward the color wheel’s brighter side, pair your silver shoes with warm red, pink, and beige tones. Your silver shoes will amp up autumn colors in the best way.
• Try dressing up your silver pumps with a plaid or tweed skirt or blazer in grey/ white/ black colors. The cool silver matched with cool plaids is both professional and on-trend.
• We think warm tones work best with silver shoes for business and everyday outfits. However, silver heels are also a perfect match for jewel-toned party dresses and special occasion ensembles. An emerald green cocktail dress with a pair of spikey, blingy silver sandals is a creative way to follow the metallic trend.
• Think about color blocking with jewel tones and silver shoes. A fuchsia blazer with navy slacks and a kitten heel silver pump is one of those classic day-into-evening combinations great to have at the ready.
• Overdo it. A stylish pair of silver shoes makes a statement and adds verve to your outfits. But piling on silver accessories such as bags, scarves, or hats will make you look more space alien than chic. Instead of a matchy-matchy silver bag, try an oversized tomato red tote or a jewel-colored crossbody bag if you’re looking to add more color to your look.
• Never mix metallics. Most fashion editors and influencers will tell you that mixing gold and silver metallics together is a serious fashion faux pas. We are inclined to agree. Save your gold and copper jewelry for another day and build your look around your shiny silver shoes.
Photos via Instagram